Thread: Don Aronow article & photos

Default Don Aronow article & photos

This should keep everyone busy for awhile ! ?

Just found this web article below for a great Don Aronow biography with some Super photos I never saw before .

Enjoy~

www.altomareblu.com/don-aronow/

Anyone know how to use the Google translation function ?
    Last edited by silverghost; 04-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    BRAD HUNTER
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)
    215 947 4676 Home
    silverghost1926@msn.com

Donzi 18 "Benchseat 18 Project "Owner

Chevy 454 SS Tow/Sport Pick-Up

NICE find Brad... Kind of a blog, best I could translate it..

>Height: 6 '2 "(1.90 m). Weight: 215 lbs (pounds ninety-seven abundant), all of the muscles. When I met him at the Boat Show in Detroit was forty years being born in Sheepshead Bay (a village of Brooklyn, New York), March 1, 1927. The son of Russian immigrants, a young man had made the lifeguard had saved a little 'people (seven, to be precise) and they were drowning, as the physicist who found himself, had offered to do a screen test in Hollywood to replace legendary Johnny Weissmiller in Tarzan movies.

He preferred to marry Shirley Goldin, "the most beautiful girl in the beach" but, above all, the daughter of that family in New Jersey, after the war, had done quite a bit 'of money by building houses and villages in that province. He, Donald Joel Aronow, said "Don", newly married, opened a real estate agent to sell these houses were built many actually follow his suggestions and advice.

It proved a great mediator, able to "place", in seven years, more than a thousand apartments (an average of one every two days!) And earned enough money to buy a boat, a sportfisherman 40 'clinker, with flying bridge , called "Tainted Lady" (girl corrupt) and go and live in Florida where the climate was less "nasty".

At that point, it was in 1961, Don Aronow, who was only 34 years, considered himself a "retired" (retired) having sufficient savings from no longer having to work while maintaining a wife and two children. To avoid being bored, he attended the local yacht clubs and had begun to hear about these extraordinary events that took place offshore in the open ocean.

Having gone to war in the navy, it interested him and so he asked Howard Abbey disegnargli a hull from 28 'to "win" the next edition of the already famous Miami-Nassau race. Out came a wooden hull, a hull with "almost" deep-V, without shoes, led by three from 327 cubic inch Chevrolet (5360 cc) displacement which, in honor of his daughter, was called "Claudia" and that, in first tests, touched the speed of 60 mph (about 50 knots).

A few days before the race, Dave Stirrat, the mechanic of "Claudia", however, asked Sam to Sarah to try the boat. Sam was the chief engineers of Daytona: a kind of magician on very advanced engines ... After the test, the engineer-magician suggested, cleverly, Aronow to land in the three Chevy and replace them with a pair of his brand new Daytona 6.7 liter.

Don agreed, but missed the boat a few knots of speed. It was too late at that point, to replace the original engine. So, for failure to "Tarzan", it was clear to take off, May 2, 1962, in his first race, the Miami-Nassau, with one pair of Daytona. The chronicles report that ten miles from the finish of calm sea, Aronow was in the lead and seemed to win easily.

But then one of those Daytona began to fail and the victory went to Johnny Bakos, for the first time, had led the race in a boat powered by a pair of Mercruiser sterndrives and Don finished in fourth place: there is a His historical pictures, very symbolic, in which he is sitting in the bow of the boat to try to provide balance of glide and conclude that evidence. With this experience had started his career sweeping pilot and builder of offshore boats. In that same year, 1962, he bought, in fact, in Miami, a small piece of land on the desolate and uninhabited NE188th Street Miami, one that runs along the right-hand end of the canal, just off Biscayne Blvd and here he built a hangar capable of housing a dozen boats over to a mini dock with two piers and a mobile crane. He was born on site "Formula".

When, in 1971, I was in Miami, after my meeting with Dick Bertram, Jim Wynne and Gale Jacoby on which I have already bored the past few months, went by taxi to this address: "Oh, the Thunderboat row!" exclaimed the driver.

Because now the whole world, and especially for Miami, that was the name of that place ... the boats thundering down the alley. I nodded, satisfied with no end in some desert impassable. But when I arrived I was disappointed. It was really a "dead" modest, with a range of shipyard little ones, one after another, and most importantly someone told me once that Don Aronow was not there. Most likely, it was - added - to Detroit for the "boat show", for the boat show. Now that I was in Detroit and I had finished my meal with lavish Merrick Lewis, wanted to meet him, hoping to get lucky to find him at his booth.)

Despite the good performance recorded in his first race, Aronow had realized that, with the hull of "Claudia", it was impossible to defeat the "invincible Moppie" Dick Bertram produced designs by Ray Hunt and decided to build a new hull, always Wood, who made Guerke design by Peter, an architect of good reputation for its fast boats and hydrofoils for her. The design was developed over a length of 27 ', had a very deep V hull, while the four runners longitudinal thrust was provided by a pair of Ford Interceptor from 427 cubic inch (7 liter). Called "Claudia II", the boat in 53 knots of speed tests sped up but most proved able to withstand fairly rough sea.

Meanwhile Aronow had gathered around him a small but efficient team of experts: Jim Wynne, his partner Waltman "Walt" Walters, who was a true offshore boat designer as well as pilot, mechanic Dave Stirrat, and two experts in the construction Fiberglass: Buddy Smith and Jake Trotter. "With these people are able to get the real" formula "to renew the boats offshore," said Aronow and this expression had been named the site "Marine Formula" which had as its philosophy, the basic principle of its creator: "I'm interested in superior performance Rather than mass production" (I care about quality and not quantity of production).

Now the team had begun work on a new model, this time designed by Walters on the length of 23 '(and width, which then seemed minimal, only 8', ie less than two feet; ratio L / l = 2.8 ): an ideal boat for the modest power of groups inboard Volvo Penta in Wynne was officially "father". The larger boat, 27 ', the Miami-Nassau in 1963, was entrusted to the leadership of Don Aronow while Jim Wynne, teamed with Walt Walters, piloted the model child.

Don came third behind two boats in twin engine (two Mercruiser 310 hp) but very different in the project: the winner Odell Lewis fact possessed of a Bertram 25 'while the runner-up (with only 92 seconds of delay), Johnny Bakos He wore a 32 'of Memco. The first was the average of 55.2 mph (47.7 knots), because even on that occasion the sea was "nice". Jim Wynne, was delayed by mechanical problems some of its Volvo Penta, finished eighteenth. But overall the two hulls of the workshop "Marine Formula" had proved Aronow and at home began to drink: in fact, many came to ask to buy the boats.

Thus the production went from wood to plastic and the concept of "one off" to that standard. Very good public relations, Aronow even organized an extraordinary afternoon with a fierce gallop in the open ocean, four British children who were participating in the Ed Sullivan TV Show. Their names were: George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr ... For all, the Beatles!

The success, highlighted by wins and good placings in the following races in 1963 and 1964, was such that soon appeared in the yard for someone to buy not just one copy of the boat but the mold itself or even the company with its logo . It was thus that the model 27 'was sold to Marlin Boatworks of North Carolina who used it as a shell of his fisherman fishing in high seas, while the model 23' and the logo of the brand "Formula" were purchased by the yard Thunderbird Merrick Lewis, after all, did not make a bad deal: in 1968, the production of the small day cruiser reached, in fact, the tip of 100 units / year.

Don Aronow had sold everything (orders, name, molds, etc.) but not the original small warehouse on the canal bank in Miami. And from here, along with his usual mini-band of loyalists, left for a new adventure: the yard Donzi.

There are many hypotheses about the origin of the name: the most likely, because it also supported by Michael Aronow, son of Don, is that is born of a pun, said in a falsetto, between "Donsy" Donzi and certainly c ... 'is, then, became famous phrase: "Those ****ed Donzi." The said Jack Manson, after crossing the finish line of the Miami-Key West in 1964. Jack had won the leadership of the 36 '"Kamikaze" driven by a pair of 550-hp GM, but for all 180 miles of the race, had a pack of Donzi boats that were on him and not let him go away and these a, 28 ', led by Jim Wynne, had come very close second ... so on arrival we were vented to the press. "Those ****ed Donzi!" He exclaimed, and the expression was very pleased that Don Aronow, from that day, always used in its advertising.

The production was developed in three models: a 16 ', a 19' and 28 '. Younger children were sold as the "pan caliente": "I'm like Geritol (a vitamin-based drug and alcohol iron widespread in the U.S. from 1950 to 1970. NDA)," said Bob Cox of them which marketed the Fort Lauderdale. And a major contractor for the model 16 'had come from the government of Israel that they had used the Suez Canal, during the "Six Day War" of 1967. An interesting historical anecdote is always about 16 '. They had supplied the Security Services staff of the President of the United States at that time was Lyndon Johnson, to control the lake overlooking the ranch on which the head of the White House.

But Johnson liked that little boat fast and fun, and seized him to make personal use. So the boys went to the Security Aronow and said: "You must give us just two more examples, but should be faster than what the President has" cheated ", otherwise how do we protect? E-added-woe to you if you tell Johnson not bear to not always have the fastest boat. " The fame of this little boat that became "Abercrombie and Fitch", one of the top companies in the world of luxury, put it in the window of his famous and prestigious store on 5th Avenue in Manhattan (New York) where there have never been exposed to a boat .

The Model 28 ', the largest range of Donzi, however, was winning races. The most famous was "007", of course, led by Don Aronow but also "Broad Jumper" by Bill Wishnick, "Patty Lou" by Bobby Rautboard, "Blue Devil" by Mark Raymond and "Lucy Too" by Billy Shand Kydd were busy Do Take home victories, important places, cups and records. (Only in Viareggio, in his first race in Europe, Aronow did not get success: its "007" sbiellò shortly after the departure of the classic Italian trial.) That, in just two years, became a farm-yard Donzi attractive, especially Aronow after the resounding victory of the Miami-Nassau in 1965.

And a few weeks later, in fact, someone showed up at the usual address on the outskirts of Miami with a large check. This time the buyer were brothers Tim and John Chisholm, the owners, with Cameron's father, the well-known company Teleflex, a manufacturer of automotive and marine accessories. The agreement stipulated that Don would remain within the corporate structure and as a production manager and as head of sales and that could run with any offshore boat as long as Donzi.

Just signed the contract of sale with Teleflex, Don hastened to take a small secret hangar, in the same area of ​​Miami, and she put in some "loyal" to build a new larger boat, a 35 'designed by Walt Walters, driven by a pair of Holman & Moody 530-hp each, which he called "Maltese Magnum" and that, initially, turned out to be realized as an original manufacturer does not exist "Donzi-Magnum" To Aronow was clearly to begin a new adventure that would bring the rapidly name "Magnum" to become famous in the world of offshore racing and boating world.

In June of 1966 he bought Aronow, in fact, another piece of land, on the same channel, bordered on the east by the shed where they had life and Donzi Formula and began production of its Magnum: a model for 27'8'' races and a model 35 'for recreation. This time and this new hull, the largest among those hitherto made by him, decided that the interior of the boat, usually at some 'sober, would be elegant: Penthouse style ... to understand.

The business philosophy, in fact, was slightly changed: "I do not care who you are but I will give you the boat if you have enough cash to pay" (I do not care who you are but I will give the boat if you have enough money to pay for it) claimed Aronow. And, from this moment, "allegedly Aronow, did business on Both Sides of the law" (probably has been doing business both inside and outside the law), as we read in one of his many "unauthorized biographies" that are on the web Just to ... say, a Magnum 35 ', with a pair of gasoline engines, in 1967, it cost 40 thousand dollars (something like 425 million lire or 219mila euros today): a crazy amount for those years. But Don was quiet: "Women love men in these boats," and claimed, he himself was living proof: in the yard, he wanted / had to equip the rear of his office as a convenient and friendly "pied a terre / bachelor pad "for tasting, convenient and comfortable, the fruits of his many achievements in the women.

In February 1967, at the Sam Griffith Memorial Race, debuted the first Magnum 27 'with 325 hp Mercruiser sterndrive Group: Aronow was born duo-Kiekhaefer. The boss of Mercury had in fact bought a couple of these boats and had them powered with a pair of those of its powerful EFB, and Aronow himself had opted for a single engine version. Bill Sirois won the race with a twin-engine model, Don came fourth overall with the less powerful model. And in the next race, the Catalina Challenge, our Tarzan, he finished second, just behind Maury Fortney that it had a hull with a thousand horses ... The fame was running fast, the name of the new site was on the whole specialized press : customers were waiting lists Magnum Marine impressive because he could not produce more than two boats per month ... But the best was yet to come because that would consecrate Aronow racing season as the "best" driver in the world.

Began to arrive with the second overall, of 63 parties, the crazy "Bahama 500" (a long race over 800 kilometers) driving a Maltese Magnum 27 'powered by three 110 hp Mercury outboard engines (and, for the glory of Magnum, a twin hull came third at the wheel of Jim Harkin). He risked his life, along with his faithful mechanic Norris "Knocky" House, during the Gateway to the edge of Old Yellar Marathon II, a 27 'Magnum: a gas tank broke, the fuel caught fire and the blast air blower and the two riders in the sky and then at sea. To this total were saved from that fire.

So, also began racing in Europe. Aronow and trailerable boats arrived with two twins: a single-engine aircraft was powered by a Mercruiser 450 hp and, in his view, was to be used in calm sea conditions, while the other, with three outboard Mercury 110 hp each, had to be preferred in case of rough seas. The "troops" that operated in Europe was composed by his son, Michael Aronow and trust "Knochy" House. Since the calendar, both here and across the Atlantic, was very thick (a total of 25 scheduled races) Aronow went back and forth by plane, the "European troops" moved the boats from one point to another continent, while the pilot-builder, when he was in the U.S., ran with a Magnum 35 'boat or a new trial called the "Banana Boat" (a hull that turned out pretty **** dangerous to that of Don).

Very year, 1967, I had known: he had just won a precious second place in the Wills Trophy in Great Britain and then he came into Italy. I met her the first time, the new race of Naples: here was greeted with much exaggeration. Francesco Cosentino, pilot offshore but also Secretary General of the Chamber of Deputies, had him taken at the exit of the aircraft and transported without passing through passport control, customs, etc., outside the airport where a large limousine was waiting for the American sample take him to a hotel on the Gulf where he found himself booked in his name and offered a magnificent suites.

Then, in the race, Don had arrived just 32 seconds behind the winner, the Delta 28 'of the brothers Gardner (but the British had deliberately "controlled" the situation without ever opening up the gas). So I had seen him a few weeks later, in Viareggio for V.-B.-V. where the American, who had chosen the boat by focusing on three engines seas, had been betrayed by the very calm "lagoon" that there was that on July 16, between the Tuscan coast and Corsica (on that occasion, the Delta 28 'of Gardner had Bob Rodman crossed the line ahead of only 8 seconds and had established a new record average of any offshore race: 48.577 knots, impressive speeds for those years).

Don had closed the double crossing in seventh place. I had met him later in Les Embiez, France, for the Trophy "Dauphine d'Or" where, on a sea terribly, had, however, won big. Also in this case was "wrong boat" having chosen the model with only one EFB (so what, according to him, you had to use in calm conditions) to win but on that occasion was the pilot and his extraordinary physical strength rather than the Hull: he was, among other things, the first time that a major offshore race was won by a single engine boat. The European season was continued with a victory in the Scandinavian Öregrund and third at the Cowes-Torquay, in a trial full of fire (three boats had caught fire and sinking).

But the most amazing adventure waiting for Don and the now inseparable "Knocky" in October of that year, the Long Beach - San Francisco Classic. The two were in the lead, the sea was very angry and the boat was crazy flight. At one point there was a wave that projected to nearly 5 meters high, just as he passed in a very low altitude helicopter photographers. And a boot of a veivolo grazed the head of Don for nothing then beat hard on the deck.

Fortunately no one was hurt, but after a few seconds of absolute silence, said to Don "Knocky": "What are ya gonna do When we get to Morro Bay? What's the first thing you do upon arrival at the finish line?" And " Knocky "said:" The first thing I'm gonna do is get in the shower. The just-s in my pants. I'll take a shower: I am made to him. " At that Aronow challenged: "I get the shower first, I own the boat. The shower before me: I am the master. "Got the guy? In short: the end of the year Aronow won the world title. In addition to the American national.

It 's interesting to remember how, some years later, Don Aronow has written about this period:

"
    Wynne had seen the V-hulls very interesting in Europe, longer and narrower than that implemented in Bertram by Ray Hunt. It struck him particularly the design of the "Trident" made in England by my friend "Sonny" Levi. It was called "Trident" because it was equipped with 3 Volvo engines. "

"
    Wynne's interest for this boat was not just random, for he had invented the modern version of the stern for Volvo in Sweden. But it was only after the sale of Donzi and the opening of the Teleflex Marine Magnum approfondimmo that the problem of the hull. We discovered that the number, width and placement of the shoes were very important in relation to the gait of the boat, which took water, the return and so on. We found out how to integrate the hull with curved shoes on the hull itself, to achieve maximum speed, and how to get the best return possible, given that this can lead to victory or failure in ocean races when the sea is rough. "

Those were years of lively inventions, testing, testing. But it is also indicative register as apparently the "real" designers were really very few attempts to do for you. As it was, now everyone wanted a boat offshore Magnum. The first Italian to take possesion was Vincenzo Balestrieri, in light of the fact that only those possessed of the binomial: Boat Aronow (Magnum) - Kiekhaefer engines (Mercruiser) could now hope to win the world title offshore. For not knowing how to read or write, the former owner of Navaltecnica you bought the boat used by Aronow, the single-engine, to race in Europe and a 28 'twin engine again to run in the U.S.. By winning the Sam Griffith Memorial Race (with the mechanic Don Pruett at the controls of the hull), finishing second behind "Surfury" in the Wills Trophy, winning in Roseto degli Abruzzi, in Naples, in Viareggio, in Les Embiez in Sweden and the Roman rider managed to gain enough points to reach the World Cup despite the sinking of his boat during the raging "Cowes-Torquay" of 1968. And Don?

That year he had, on the eve of "Bahama 500", a serious accident during testing of a new Magnum 27 'driven by a powerful Mercruiser. The boat had a spin-out and thrown overboard and that he "Knocky". Don was over the sea, but the mechanic was able to cling to the bridge and to "recover" the hull and then managed to shut down the engines. Aronow, battered, declared that it would have taken the long road to race, but that night he was admitted into the emergency room Mt Sinai Hospital in Miami. And there he stayed for quite a bit of day with the sternum shattered, torn muscles and bones very bruised. For this reason, in 1968, Don Aronow winning races in the U.S. alone, however, enough races to confirm national champion: a "place" commercial-trivial in a country that rarely looks beyond its borders. But, above all, the giant indestructible amused that year with a new toy: a 21 'wooden propelled by a diesel V-6 with which tore the Daytona Swedish girlfriend Pia Boghammar, the world speed record for boats with engines internal combustion engine.

Initially the record was Dick Bertram and his "Brave Moppie", then was switched to Max Aitken and his "Merry-Go-Round". At that time even the Agnelli was intent on attempting the conquest with his "Last time" but then this girl came to the record was Swedish and the chairman of Fiat had abandoned the project: "Do not plot against women", said to be gentleman but also thinking it would be "victory" ironizzabile.

Don, as always, it was gone, however, too closely and had taken quell'alloro by stopping the clock on an average of 64.5 mph (almost 56 knots, 103 km / h). It should however be noted that while the hulls of Bertram and Aitken were real offshore boats over 10 feet long, Aronow was that of a "squirt-sogliolina by the still waters" coming barely six meters and within which There were just the engine and the pilot ... An idea, this boat "minimum" was taken up by Fabio Buzzi to make that particular record to Carlo Campanini Bonomi (Venice, 1979 to 103 knots, 191 km / h) and, subsequently, to itself (1992: 135.9 knots, 252 km / h).

Meanwhile the yard Magnum had sold five copies of his 27 'to the U.S. Coast Guard who had then spent three security staff of the new U.S. President, Richard Nixon and his home in Key Biscayne, Miami. Other boats had gone to the Shah of Persia, Arab princes and American tycoons.

At the end of the season and Aronow "Knocky" House were interpreters of another terrible accident: in just three miles from the finish of the Miami-Nassau, when their Magnum 27 ', powered by two 425 hp Mercruiser, was far ahead. A gas tank exploded, Don flew into the sea, "Knocky" though wounded, managed to grab the life raft and into the water before the final transformation of the hull in a bonfire. The mechanic was bleeding and Don s'incazzò: "Knocky, you stop the blood that attracts sharks seminar!" He said. Before that sharks arrive, the Coast Guard rescued them.

To console the loss of the hull (and the one sunk by Balestrieri in the Cowes-Torquay) and so as not to lose the rhythm, Aronow sold Magnum to the yard Apeco (American Photo Copy Co.) bought another piece of land, less than half mile east of the sheds of Donzi and Magnum, always on the usual 188 Street. Every two years the story was repeated, with a "ritual" awesome.

And Aronow became increasingly rich and famous. He had made a beautiful villa in Coral Gables and from there reached the station, with "Missile" a catamaran (originally designed by Angelo Molinari and then modified by the same Aronow) 16 'powered by a 125 hp Mercury outboard, a Boat of 60 knots. Also, just to not get everything I need, acted as "ambassador" for the advertising of Rolex watches and candles (from motor) and French cognac Hennessy Champion ...

A few years later, about this time, Don would write:

"
    After I sold the yard Magnum, Bertram came out with its new 32 '. These boats, fast and very valid, were too much for my Magnum 28 'when the sea was bad. I wanted a bigger boat and went to Magnum, my old company, for I costruissero. He refused. Then I turned to a friend, Elton Cary, and we arranged for the construction of a 32 'on my project with the Cary brand. It was the prototype of the Cigarette and called it "The Cigarette". It was actually a 28 'enlarged with a length of 32' and a width of 9 '4 "and in which you obtained the greater length / width ratio (L / l = 3.4) that I had wanted for years." "

In fact, the new series of Aronow, who was very close to the previous two, had already begun to produce hulls but officially he could not market them as it was blocked by a clause in the sales contract that prohibited him from Magnum to boats up to 1970. From this, the trick of pretending that these boats were the Cary Marine: rather unlikely since Elton Cary was only a major insurer of Miami (of course a friend of Don) and not a manufacturer of recreational boats. But, as already said, Aronow was so good on the sea was so figliodibravadonna to the ground.

The name "The Cigarette" was born from a famous smuggler's boat era of Prohibition (the twenties) that, as impregnable, had become a "legend" in the very region where the pilot was born, and also the fact that one of the first formula had already been named (the one that led Don to second place in the Miami-Key West in 1963). The motorization of the new product was given by a pair of equally-new Mercruiser from 475 hp equipped in turn of the even more new "foot" Speedmaster.

For the official public debut (albeit under an assumed name) of the new boat, Don chose a race that, on March 22, 1969, brought competitors from Long Beach (just south of Los Angeles, California, USA) in Ensenada (Baja California, Mexico). Not only did she win, the average of over 58 knots, with seven minutes ahead of Bill Wishnick who piloted a boat from Bertram 31 'driven by the new Mercruiser engines took off his Cigarette but also the satisfaction to arrive before Edwin Wade, Mayor of Long Beach, who had done the same route by car (of course by land) one hour before even starting.

That was a race where the sharks, yes, the pescicane, made by the protagonists: the propellers over six boats were smashed by the impact of those kings of the oceans. But also recorded another very important: none of the top ten boats arrive at the finish line had dipped transmissions. They were, in fact, all groups with EFB or just fb. Part of the classic powerboat was dead forever. Peter Du Cane, the great British designer responsible for the technical office of the shipyard Vosper, in his landmark book "High Speed ​​Small Craft", in 1974, he wrote a famous quote about it:

"
    "With the arrival of the power trim, ie the possibility to vary the inclination of the stern, so the angle of the propeller thrust and, in practice, the attitude of the hull, also the trunk of a tree can now win a race on the high seas "."

Clearer than that ...

The successes of Cigarette multiplied rapidly: first at the Gateway Marathon on a raging sea (only ten boats arrival of thirty-one parties), the first crazy "Bahama 500" at an average of almost 56 knots over a distance of 800 km and more ...

Suspected of being a drug smuggler and money launderer with dirty connections with the hypothesis of banda Genovese in New York and the Meyer Lansky crime syndicate, Aronow's role in the smuggling of marijuana has been officially confirmed to the Attorney Miami by Bill Norris, head of the Narcotics Unit. "

Someone has counted the victories achieved by the boats built by Don Aronow, in its different sites, from 1961 to now: well seems to be 350 (three hundred). They seem a lot, maybe too much (an average of 7.5 wins per year in 47 seasons overall?).

How many they are and what exactly are the reasons why this man was murdered, it remains indisputable that in the marine and offshore races in the harsh jungle was great.

A real Tarzan
    Last edited by MadPoodle; 04-04-2012 at 09:05 PM.

The other Scott

Life is short. Play with your dog

Co-Founder Donzi Marine Restoration Society
    Scarred member KWOSG
    Dumbfounded Member SBBR / WAFNC

Criterion SS+
    X-18
    16-OB
    Z-235

Rest of pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images

The other Scott

Life is short. Play with your dog

Co-Founder Donzi Marine Restoration Society
    Scarred member KWOSG
    Dumbfounded Member SBBR / WAFNC

Criterion SS+
    X-18
    16-OB
    Z-235

thanks for the translation scott real good article

Default Great Read!

Thanks to Brad and Scott for this interesting blog/article...love the history behind it all.

Adam B. Lively

Previous owner of a 2002 Donzi Classic 18' Scorpion
    Current owner of a restored 1974 Donzi X-18
    Future owner of a bad-ass Donzi (planning stage)
    "Long may she wave"