PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Texas Salties Weekend - June 11-13, 2010

Team Jefe
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Well Folks, several of us in the Clear Lake Texas Area have been kicking around having a get together for some time now. Looks like we've finally got something scheduled.

So, here are the details on the weekend....and details they are, even got some funny looks from Capt. G for all this.

Still, I want everyone to know, we are not planning a detailed "have to be here at a certain time" thing. Really I wanted to let folks that are not in the Clear Lake area know that there is ALOT to do around here....all you gotta do is show up. We will making this up as we go along and can change anything at anytime to make the weekend more fun for everyone.

The only real plan it to have fun with fellow Donzifiles and Arownow Heritage boat owners...and He!l, everyone else that wants to come too.

So tell everyone about it and let's Rock Clear Lake like Crazy.

JraySray
04-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey guy's, we would love to see at least one of you show. I know it's a hell of a trip but if you ever had the itch come on. Come see what OBAMA killed (NASA) or many other things. Please call me if you have any questions.

409-789-6432
Scott Ray

JimG
05-25-2010, 10:06 PM
If someone would like to come, and needs a place to stay let me know... I can you up in the Pace, right in the middle of the action! Love to have ya!

Jim and Janet

Team Jefe
05-25-2010, 11:08 PM
I dare ya'....I double dog dare ya'

Team Jefe
05-25-2010, 11:09 PM
The Suite, and the Jefe Room are spoken for already....But we still have the Aggie Room and Asian Room available

MadPoodle
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
J, your attachment got lost in the move. Email it to me and I will re-attach it..

If I wasn't going to be at the Sunny Isles (http://offshoreevents.net/)races that weekend I'd had out there with a couple fishing poles man. I'd like to fish that area one day..

Team Jefe
06-08-2010, 07:32 AM
The Agenda is getting firmed up...well as firm as a bunch of ADD weirdos can get it....

Friday is "Get our stuff together" day....so just keep in touch with me 713-825-2443 (remember I have ADD so keep calling). We have confirmed reservations at Kemah Cadillac Bar for dinner at 1930.

Saturday morning, Breakfast at the Turtle Club 0900...come by car or boat...we plan to Launch everyone at Clear Lake Park around 1030 (I will already be wet).

Lunch Sat at Judges 1300 (as long as the wind gods cooperate). TMANN has offered his home for a stop Sat PM so we plan to be there around 1600ish...pool and finger foods

Sat Dinner is on for 2030 at Sam's Boat CLear Lake. NASA Rd 1 at the Endeavor Marina....then its on to party like RockStars

Sunday Jimmy has some plans which we can firm up with those interested. Sunrise cruises are pretty special IMHO.

So Come on out...this is our first time around the block....But JEFE will be there...so its gonna be fun:grin:

Team Jefe
06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
well for a bunch of "non-group-joining-Texans" I think we did pretty good for our first Rally.

We had:
Me (30ZF)
JimG (18C)
Fegettes (22 BHLE)
Marvair (22 SHelby)
Tmann (22C)
JeffH (18C)
Trevor (33ZX)
Lee (Hornet)
...plus a few that were trailer queens
.......a couple of wayward Tenn Volunteers

and we picked up a 35' Scarab & 17' BW Montauk along the way

The weather was hot and sunny....and WINDY, which kept us confined to the lake, so running for the big boats was limited. Still we had a FREAKIN' BLAST.

I am very thankful for my fellow committee members, it took all of us to pull this off.....Found out I ain't such a big deal around here afterall. The Scotts were able to get reservations and other things I could not. thanks a million. Jimmy was the first on the scene everyday, had a SUPER HOT Donzi girl with him and a sweet 40 yr old 18C that didn't miss a lick. Tmann, saved our bacon and offered his home and pool to everyone...even after he and Nat having their second baby that week...WOW.

I also owe a big thanks to the Vols. Reddog and Wadro were in the plan from the first minute and never backed down....even when I was flying over the rough stuff....why own a Donzi if you don't let'er fly once in a while.

We had a great time, lots of laughs and nice Bikinis. We also learned some things and hopefully will do a little better next time.

The Unofficial Ambassador of the Texas Salties

RedDog
06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Woo-Hoo! Thanks for all the Texas hospitality! I hate to mention the folks, because someone always gets left off on a thank you list like this. But anyway:

A hugh thanks to Jeff (Jefe) for putting me and Wade up for the weekend and giving us great rides. Jefe knows 1 speed in Jefe's Revenge - Hammer Down Baby. "Ahhh princess, you may not want to lay up front - it's going to be a little bumpy." Princess: "Waaaaaaaaaaaa"

JimG and Janet - great to meet you. What a beautiful '70 18'

Jraysray and Jenette - Scott, sorry you never got your boat going. You should have punted on Friday and just played with everyone else. Jenette (Wonder Woman), you are 1 beautiful babe - body and mind!

Harbormaster - been to long. Don't be so scarce

Steve F - always great to see you. You are a reliable trooper. Can you say Blackhawks go vertical!

Phil (TMann) - thanks for the hospitality over at your place - really nice place. Can't believe you hosted so many people. Sorry I didn't meet your wife and your 3 DAY OLD BABY! Your're the MAN.

Lee (Flying Tomato) - love your boat and I'm sure you will have it sorted out soon. Talking about your diving work had me in amazement. Stay SAFE!

JeffH - enjoyed talking with you at lunch. That is a pretty 18. I like the platforms - need to talk to you about them.

Oh, am I a Turtle - You bet your sweet ass I am. Maybe I shouldn't have told that one http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/lookaroundb.gif Gotta love the Bushwackers