PDA

View Full Version : the 12th Annual Dustoff

mattyboy
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
we are really stoked, about this our 12th Annual Dustoff!!!!

from the newsletter

"The Club is happy to announce the agenda for our 12th annual Dustoff weekend June 15th to 17th 2007. We have always been the innovator as far as gatherings go, and this year will be no exception. The club is dedicated to the restoration, preservation and enjoyment of the Donzi Classics and the people who own them. In that tradition we will honor the people who put that love and care into their boats to make them true classics by having a judged boat show . Then to honor the people who love to run their boats we will have a poker run that covers the entire lake. Awards for the show will be given in the following categories:

Owners Choice: presented to the boat selected by the owners at the show as their favorite
Vintage Classic: presented to the oldest boat at the show
Legacy Classic: presented to the boat with the most historic significance
Heritage Classic: presented to the boat in the best original condition
Renaissance Classic: presented to the best boat restoration
Sojourn Classic: presented to the boat that traveled the farthest to attend

The Club as always showcased the Donzi Classic and the people that share the love for them have become a family. The format for this year poker run will not only showcase each model of Classics it will make the run a group activity. For each leg of the run a Boat that knows the lake will be selected as the Lead boat. The lead boat will fly the Donzi colors and all similar boats to that model will take up the formation on that boat thus showcasing that model or type of boat. The order will be as follows
Leg 1 to the village: will be the rare or uncommon Classic, minx, criterion, hornet etc.
Leg 2 to stop 2: will be the 18 classic
Leg 3 to stop 3: will be the 22 classic
Leg 4 to stop 4: will be the 16 classic
Leg 5 to the Algonquin : will be the Big Horse Power Customized boats, the big dogs
We feel this format offers each owner the chance for their spot in the sun or clean water. It also offers the comfort and safety of traveling in numbers and for those that are new to the lake it takes the worry of getting lost away. We hope this format will make this year’s Dustoff the best Donzi experience one can ever have.

Friday 7 PM Arrival Cocktail Party location to be announced.
Saturday 8 AM Registration for the annual Lake George Donzi Classic Boat Show and Poker Run. (Coffee and Danish will be served) Boats must arrive at the docks no later than 8:30am to be entered in the show
Saturday 9:15 AM Driver Safety Meeting.
Saturday 9:30 AM Start of Poker Run.
Saturday 11:45 AM Return to the Algonquin to play your hand and vote for your owners choice, have lunch and the rest of the afternoon free to cruise the Lake.
Saturday 6:30-7 PM Meet us at the Algonquin for a pre-dinner cocktail. (Please don’t bring boats back to the Algonquin docks that evening)
Saturday 7-8 PM Dinner will be served
Saturday 8:15 - ? PM The Awards ceremony, raffle and club Auction will take place.
Sunday 10:30AM Full Lake cruise! All boats meet on the water 10:30 AM in front of the Sagamore Resort Hotel south of the main dock. We will continue north up the lake through the Islands with a stop for lunch and have you back on your trailers by 3:30 PM.

As you can see we have a full weekend of events planned. And keeping with The Lake George Donzi Clubs tradition we will be having the awards dinner at the Algonquin Bar and Grill. Please get your tickets for dinner in advance by filling out the registration form and sending out a check to the clubs address. It will be $35.00 a person in advance
$40.00 a person after May 15th 2007. The price for dinner includes tip. It will be a cash bar. "

mattyboy
03-18-2007, 08:43 AM
anyone who is coming to join us go to
www.lgdonziclassic.com click on the next event link and then the registration form link print it and return it to Scott Pearson asap

mattyboy
03-30-2007, 10:44 AM
we just want to clarify the format for the run, IT IS NOT A RACE , the lake has a speed limit and we don't condone or promote breaking the laws
we want this to be the safest, most enjoyable, Donzi expierence anyone can have trust me everyone will have a great time and will get to run their boats

the lead boats for the most part have already been chosen, and they will be instructed on the rules of the road so to speak, as an example we gave the leg to the 16 up in the narrows were the water is a little calmer and the 16 can stretch their legs a little bit so the lead boat will be a the front and will be flanked by all the other 16's we are not looking for a blue angels formation we are just looking to have all the 16's upfront and all the others back in the pack . and in bigger waters we gave the bigger boats the lead so they can plow the road so to speak the lead boats will lead in a manner that will keep the group together and will not leave a stop until everyone is ready

i mean how cool will it for someone on the shore to see 30+ boats traveling in a big group like a pack of hounds from hell and say there goes the lake george donzi club instead of seeing boats go by in dribs and drabs oh i think there is a donzi event today but I am not sure

listen we are all adults here and safety is the key we are not looking for synchronized boating or acrobatics or bumper boats we expect everyone to keep a safe follwing distance and keep good boating skills and the rules of the roads at the top of the list at all times

and as in years past it will be a great event with minimal interferance from the authorities we are trying to keep it that way
and remember the first one to finish is always shot ;) then hung and the second to finish is just shot

looking forward to seeing you all up there

mattyboy
04-24-2007, 07:43 AM
ok gang it is getting closer by the day now and anyone who is coming should go to our club site www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com) and fill out a registration form and mail it back to Scott Pearson before May 15th to take advantage of the discounted dinner price. For those of you on the fence registration can be filled out after may 15th but there is no discount. It is also important to fill out the info on the type of classic you own it will help us start the judging of the boat show and even if you are not bringing it , we are trying to database our membership with that info.

as you can see we have a full weekend planed and a few tips would be to come each morning in the boat with a FULL tank, don't bring the boats back to the Algonquin at night, have some spare ching with you as there will be some great goodies to get your hands on

the mornings can be a little cool so dress accordingly but by the afternoon things warm up nicely so be prepared

If anyone has a question or needs info please don't hesitate to fire away or if you want shoot me an email mnmveth@optonline.net

kirbyvv
04-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Sounds like we'll see a big turnout this year. The Florida contingent is heading north.

BUIZILLA
04-30-2007, 03:01 PM
:twisted: :p :roll: :| :D

fish
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I definitely gotta catch this one of these years. From what I hear it unlike anything I have ever seen down here.

ToonaFish
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
The Florida contingent is heading north.

Global warming, literally.

mattyboy
05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
anyone who is coming to the dustoff make sure they have filled out and sent in the dinner reservation it looks like it is going to be a big turn out

kirbyvv
05-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Here's the direct link to the registration form:
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/LGDonzi_Registration_07.pdf

mattyboy
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
the dealine for the discounted meal price is upon us please Scott needs to know how many so the restaurant has the food for us
fill out those registrations thanks

MadPoodle
05-12-2007, 06:20 AM
2.. One of whom has obviously never missed a meal :) :)

mattyboy
05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
from the grape vine it looks like this year will be benchmark event with a wide variety of attendees for all over the country
stayed tuned there are still more surprises to come ;) so make sure and be there

jl1962
05-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Matty or Scott P,

As much as I like surprises, how about posting a list of registrants?

Hey Kirby, how's the water level looking? High or low?

JL

mattyboy
05-17-2007, 09:44 AM
i'll see what i can come up with on a list of attendees for this year

in the past we have had noteable people such as

elvis
the queen of west pego pego
burt reynolds
senator's and politicians too many to name
claude raines you have to see him launch his boat

just to name a few ;) :lol:

jl1962
05-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Have you ever seen the waterskiing squirrel?

Let's get him!

Oh wait...he's already booked.

kirbyvv
05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Suprisingly water level is typical spring level. Docks are above the water, no floating boat houses, etc. But....MY BOAT IS NOT READY YET.

jl1962
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Have you told the boys they get nice LGDC shirts when the boat is done???

That oughta do it.

ToonaFish
05-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Have you ever seen the waterskiing squirrel?

Let's get him!

Oh wait...he's already booked.

I'm thinking that he'll make the time, if Fish will be there...

mattyboy
05-19-2007, 10:18 AM
don't think that squirrel is gonna like lake george in june the water is COLD :shock:

Jay

I will confirm this but here's what I heard not to mention their lovely first mates

don n
tom davis
dr dan
buzilla
madpoodle
big grizzly
bertramboy
slapshot
yourself
kirby
bob haver
air 22
El Presidente
the lake george pirate
fasteddie
a few others from Fla
and a couple of others I don't know their names i will get the confirmed and unconfirmed list together does look like it will be a great event
and i will be acting as rush chairman "eric stratton da -- mn glad to meet ya" ;)

stay tuned Scott is working on the details for the friday night meet and greet ****tails so that will be posted shortly

and the final instructions for the flag carriers will be sent out also

jl1962
05-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Cool. Thanks Matty!

And no need to go testing today. Too nasty. Have a cold one (or a warm one) on me.

JL

kirbyvv
05-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Here's a few more I gathered from discussions on the other site; don't know real names of most though. Looks like it's going to be big:
Flatback Racer (Eric)
Sweet little 16
Peregrine
Chrome gorilla (Scott-his sister just went to work for me)
Culotta
Need for Speed
Glashole (shea)
Markdonzi (Mark Prederville)
Catch 22
Road Trip SE
Kenny Lessard

jl1962
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
30 boats would be cool. Can we pre-buy/stockpile fuel? Y'know, a strategic petroleum reserve!

Rootsy
05-21-2007, 07:59 AM
now if we could only get a webcam pointed at the docks....

mattyboy
05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
the internet and cellular service have not been invented yet up there ;)

mattyboy
05-27-2007, 11:01 AM
well the final touches are being added and Scott is crossing the t's and dotting the i's This will be a great event and will have some great new stuff in the way of merchandise and fun. remember there is our annual trivia brain buster so brush up on that Donzi history and have your name placed on THE GOLDEN PROP OF KNOWLEDGE with the other elustrious winners ;) can't wait

roadtripse
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
So do I run with the 22's or the big power segment of the Poker Run?

Dazed and confused, but I think the boat will be ready for LG!

Really looking forward to it. First time.

RTSE

mattyboy
05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
So do I run with the 22's or the big power segment of the Poker Run?

Dazed and confused, but I think the boat will be ready for LG!

Really looking forward to it. First time.

RTSE

Todd it will be great to see you again, you run with all of us for the entire run we are counting on the bigger boats to pave the way as we make it up to the narrows then the little boats will take the lead and it will be like a harley run one pack of loud hounds from hell and you get a guided tour so when you are out there sat afternoon or sunday morning you are comfortable on the lake just watch out some of the woodies on lake george are 90 mph boats
you will have a blast it truely is a wonderful place

mattyboy
05-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Todd,

let me take ya thru it ;)
1. get a lake pass for the week available at beckley's, chic's , the outdoor's man

on Sat morning( make sure you are full of fossil fuels there is a gas dock across from the capri treasure cove beckley's or chic across from the algonquin check with Dr Dan on fuel usage for a bbc 22 then you''ll hop in the boat and make the 5 mile jaunt up to the algonquin you'll dock get to see everyone and see the boats have a light breakfast drivers/safety meeting everyone will fire up the boats the run will form up infront of the island infront of the algonquin the first leg will be the rare uncommon classics the minx criterion hornets and the like a lead boat will be choosen and will lead the run down to the village like an 8 mile run to off the village docks all the rare boats will be up front and the 16 18's 22's will fall in behind them the flag ( lead boat will get it's card first then the boats on the lead for that leg will get their cards then everyone else, the flag will be passed to the next leader which will be an 18 now all the 18 will run up front to stop 2 about a 5 mile run which will be the stop where yours truely will be handing out cards and the same procedure will be taken for the cards and the flag will now be passed to the 22 which lead the run out onto the big deep end of the lake and up into the narrows like a 10 12 mile run to stop 3 then while up in the narrows where the water is calmer the flag will go to a 16 and they will lead the run to stop 4 then the flag will be given to the big boys and the lead boat will lead you to stop five and then back to the algonquin to play the cards have a bite to eat vote for the owners choice and the judges will finalize their cards for the boat show categories and by like 1 pm you will be free to roam the 32 mile lake you just covered some head north some head south some go to the village some just keep the hammer down then at 6 30 - 7 pm we will meet back at the algonquin ( no boats this time and we will have dinner the show results the poker run results the trivia contest the raffle/auction and a gran old time then sunday we start it all over again with a full lake run if you want to lead then lead then we meet for lunch and back on the trailers or back onto lake if you are staying til monday you will run your boat hard and you will see a great lake

we have built in a few safety's on the formal run so we don't loose anyone and no one passes the lead boat this is a new format we might use it again or we might go on to something else to keep it fresh
and i know you if you want that early morning rooster tail ride the lake is there waiting the lake grows as the day goes on and hopefully we will not have a substantial wind out of the north

mattyboy
05-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Todd
this is what will be waiting for ya every morning up there

look at the last 2 pics that will be your morning view

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n110/mattyboy_011/?action=view&current=summerwind_0001-1.flv

MadPoodle
06-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Matty, is there Hi Test on the water??

mattyboy
06-01-2007, 06:51 AM
there must be probably at chic's what are we looking for 93 or are we talking av gas here??

Rootsy
06-01-2007, 08:19 AM
there must be probably at chic's what are we looking for 93 or are we talking av gas here??

apparently pearson is gonna need something with a bit of a twang to it... wait.. come to think of it, I think he's already been sipping it.

roadtripse
06-01-2007, 02:11 PM
and i know you if you want that early morning rooster tail ride the lake is there waiting the lake grows as the day goes on and hopefully we will not have a substantial wind out of the north

together with a little fresh rooster spray. Who needs coffee when you have pure adrenaline to start the day?

Danny and I will be there Wednesday, along with Dwight even earlier in the week, so I would hope that things will start to look familiar by the time we do the Poker Run. Just as a backup, I am going to load a chart on the GPS.

Thanks Matty, for the run down and the pics. It looks like a very cool place. I regret not getting there sooner, but later is better than never. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Pirate's crew.

mattyboy
06-02-2007, 09:56 AM
the pirate's crew might be deserters that weekend the 2 young crew mates have been plundering the local entertainment/gaming and bar and restaurant establishments Joe is working at the local EB game store and Jamie is bussing tables at the Emerald point and My first mate has just gotten out of sick bay and we are waiting for a final ok from doc mcoy
so the pirate might be sailing solo that weekend but he will be on the high seas

Todd if you can run the lake wed thurs and friday you will be comfortable on the Lake there are coves and such but not really any fingers or off shoots that will get you lost the lake really runs north and south I have been going up there for years and I still get a little lost on some points of the lake I try and pick out landmarks like the nice white A frame with the nice deck and the big formula in the boat house is the cove where stop 2 is but every year they either paint the house or sell the boat?? one year I know the the run is gonna get to stop 2 before I do ;)

you have boated on some big water you will be fine the only thing that got me the first time was the tour boat wakes they different from the freighter wakes at 1000 isles you'll be heading south on one side of the lake and you'll past The Mohican heading north a mile to your port about 5 minutes later you encounter the wake it is not immediate like it is at 1000 isles but they dodn't let thoose big boy up into the narrows :) the narrows is like a runway with a few slight bends there are some rocks but everything is well marked you will have a blast

BUIZILLA
06-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Matty, my 7 cylinder 572 wants to know if the little boathouse off the TC docks has premium fuel??

mattyboy
06-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Jim, Poodle

I know there is the good stuff up there as there are alot of triple digit cats up there that need it I will make some inquiries as to where it is on the lake for you guys

mattyboy
06-02-2007, 12:16 PM
made a few calls and i will research further but it looks like the boat house has the good stuff gentle man jack and johnny walker green oh sorry you meant fuel for the boats ;) :p

beckley's across from TC and capri village has 89 oct

chic's next to the algonquin said they have high test

MadPoodle
06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
You make a hell of a tour guide Senator.. Thanks for the updates!!

mattyboy
06-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Just want to show you guys that us nu yorkas ain't so rude, obnoxious, and vulgar so it is my ****ing pleasure to to help out you son *****es like I have nothing ****ing better to do ;) :) LOL :D seriously if you guys need anything let me know you should be heading north soon

if anyone has any question or you guys need something

call me

845-477-3916
cell 201-315-9662

mattyboy
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
ok the stops have been finalized and the locations will be sent to the flag carriers in an email,make sure you bring the cameras rumor has it that there is going to be a photo contest as well, man the surprises just keep coming I can't wait to see the ultimate a 94 mph hornet and trying to see Pearson dock it without scratching it :) he'll probably wrap the docks in bubble wrap or maybe the boat for that matter, I'll have to pay the kids up there to pop it at night :p
This is going to be the best event ever should be a great weekend so get there with or without the boat

Rootsy
06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
ok the stops have been finalized and the locations will be sent to the flag carriers in an email,make sure you bring the cameras rumor has it that there is going to be a photo contest as well, man the surprises just keep coming I can't wait to see the ultimate a 94 mph hornet and trying to see Pearson dock it without scratching it :) he'll probably wrap the docks in bubble wrap or maybe the boat for that matter, I'll have to pay the kids up there to pop it at night :p
This is going to be the best event ever should be a great weekend so get there with or without the boat

I predict that big bad chebby in de ultimate sucks a rotor right out of that 10-71 half way to the 2nd card stop...

kirbyvv
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm not trying to be anal, but Lake George is a pristine lake still used for drinking water by many without filtration. The local lake associations are actively trying to educate boaters about the threat of bringing invasive species from other water bodies (especially eurasian milfoil and zebra muscles). Please take the time to flush and clean your boat (I know we are Donzi owners and always clean our boats) before arriving at the Lake. Thanx

Posted Lake George Park Decontamination Procedures
Inspect - Thoroughly inspect your boat’s hull, drive unit, trim plates, trimming plates, prop guards, transducers, anchor and anchor rope and trailer. Scrape off and trash any organisms, however small found. Remove all water weeds hanging from boat or trailer. Inspection and removal of marine growth is required and appreciated to protect the lake’s environment.
Drain - Drain all bilge water, live wells. Bait buckets and any other water from your boat and equipment upland. Trash leftover bait at the boat launch site; leftover live aquatic bait should not be dumped into a water body or taken from one water body to another.
Wash - Thoroughly flush the hull, drive unit, live wells (and live well pumping system), bilge, trailer, bait buckets, engine cooling water system, and other boat parts that got wet while in infested waters, using a hard spray from a garden hose. If you boat was in other water bodies for a long period of time or if you found any adult mussels or other organisms, use HOT (140F) water instead of cold, or tow the boat through a do-it-yourself carwash and use the high pressure hot water to "de-alien" your boat. Do not use environmentally unsound washing solutions.
Dry - Dry after boating. Boats and trailers should be allowed to dry thoroughly in the sun for 2 to 4 days before being launched into other waters.

penbroke
06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Matty: Where is the Sagamore relative to Chic's by water?

Frank

Rootsy
06-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm not trying to be anal, but Lake George is a pristine lake still used for drinking water by many without filtration. The local lake associations are actively trying to educate boaters about the threat of bringing invasive species from other water bodies (especially eurasian milfoil and zebra muscles). Please take the time to flush and clean your boat (I know we are Donzi owners and always clean our boats) before arriving at the Lake. Thanx

Posted Lake George Park Decontamination Procedures
Inspect - Thoroughly inspect your boat’s hull, drive unit, trim plates, trimming plates, prop guards, transducers, anchor and anchor rope and trailer. Scrape off and trash any organisms, however small found. Remove all water weeds hanging from boat or trailer. Inspection and removal of marine growth is required and appreciated to protect the lake’s environment.
Drain - Drain all bilge water, live wells. Bait buckets and any other water from your boat and equipment upland. Trash leftover bait at the boat launch site; leftover live aquatic bait should not be dumped into a water body or taken from one water body to another.
Wash - Thoroughly flush the hull, drive unit, live wells (and live well pumping system), bilge, trailer, bait buckets, engine cooling water system, and other boat parts that got wet while in infested waters, using a hard spray from a garden hose. If you boat was in other water bodies for a long period of time or if you found any adult mussels or other organisms, use HOT (140F) water instead of cold, or tow the boat through a do-it-yourself carwash and use the high pressure hot water to "de-alien" your boat. Do not use environmentally unsound washing solutions.
Dry - Dry after boating. Boats and trailers should be allowed to dry thoroughly in the sun for 2 to 4 days before being launched into other waters.

It would be nice if EVERYONE would do this... It was a futile attempt in Michigan as nearly every navigatable body of water is now infested with zebra mussels. Lake Erie is now a fairly clean lake because of them but on the same token they encrust everything and wreak havoc on water intakes for cities such as Toledo and what not. Nothing worse than climbing downt he ladder at the end of your dock and cutting your foot on one of those pesky things...

kirbyvv
06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Frank, The Sagamore is a bit more than a mile north of Chic's. so does this mean you are coming to the Dust-Off?

mattyboy
06-07-2007, 04:14 PM
when you leave Chic's go out past the small island keep it on your right then make a left head north a bit you can't miss it

penbroke
06-07-2007, 09:32 PM
... so does this mean you are coming to the Dust-Off?

I just got back from this year's maiden voyage. I have a couple kinks to work out of the old girl but I'm going to try to get down Sunday for the lake tour and maybe the M&G Friday nite. Hoping to hook up with friends both old and new...

Thanks for the info guys.

Frank

mattyboy
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
now if you are heading north from the treasure cove and capri village area and you past the Sagamore you have gone to far the algonquin and chic's are hidden by a few small islands so go past the islands and turn in towards the sagamore and then you'll see the algonquin and chic's

penbroke
06-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Good to know. Thanks Matty!

Frank
On Lake George I can keep up with anybody that obeys the law. :roll:

jl1962
06-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Good one Frank.

Actually, the real story on the speed limit is the LGPC calls me every spring and says "Jay, how fast you running?", I say "Comfortably,not much more than 50", then they say "how loud?" and I say "about 90dBs", and they say "Good! We'll print it!". So there you have it!

Maybe we can start the "Boat too old to spin a Solas Club". Hope you can make it.

-Jay

mattyboy
06-11-2007, 12:07 PM
anyone heading north if you have any questions or need something give me a shout I am in orange/ rockland county area between exits 15 and 16 on the thruway

cell 201-315-9662
home 845-477-3916

I am heading up friday morning should hit exit 16 around 9am or so if anyone is interested in a convoy should hit lk george around noon time

we will have a pace boat meeting friday night at the beverage reception

DONZI
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Ready to pull out 1st thing (Fri. morn).
We look forward to seeing everyone shortly.
Ken,Martha,Katrina.