PDA

View Full Version : Texas Salties Rally II

Team Jefe
02-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Folks we are starting to plan the rally for this year. As is our tradition in SE Texas, we'll keep it pretty loose...mainly about getting folks together and having a good time.

two weekends are being considered.
Jun 10-12 and 17-19. The 19th is father's day so we are leaning towards the 10-12, but let me know what y'all think.

Lenny
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Doesn't the Fathers Day time frame coincide with the Lake George Dust Off ?

Team Jefe
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I think it does Lenny...Still, I'm not expecting to draw to many N or NE folks to our little rally.

Also, leaning heavily towards the 10-12th anyway.

Glashole
02-13-2011, 08:38 AM
lake geaorge is only for classics anyways

Team Jefe
02-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Good Point Shea!

JraySray
02-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I know I don't post much but I would love to see at least one fresh face in our lil crew. Give it a thought we have lots of land luber stuff too. Just friends bumping around the water.

Team Jefe
05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Texas Salties II

As usual The most important part of the Fun is PARTICIPATION by as many Donzifiles as we can muster. So, bring a boat if you can, or come by Plane, Train or Automobile and we will happily find you place to ride.

The Committee:
Scot Van Alstine – HarborMaster – (713) 898-0605
Capt. Jim Guidry – JimG – (281) 802-2834
Scott Ray –Jrasysray – (409) 789-6432
Capt. Jeff Reid – Team Jefe – (713) 825-2443

As Texans we don’t do well being “told” what to do, so here is the tentative itinerary, which can be adjusted on the fly as needed to make sure we have a great time. Come to part or all of it as you like.

Friday, June 10
Arrival day for some, but we will be out and about to help with whatever is needed - Rides from Airport, launching, getting the lay of the Area, etc. Boating is always a must, be we can determine those details as we go and as folks arrive.

Friday Night, we are planning a Dinner at ......a really cool place TBAhttp://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/lookaroundb.gif

Saturday, June 11
0900 – Breakfast at the Turtle Club. Come by boat or car, or dragging your boat (lots of parking). We can get a quick update on the plans for the day and have an impromptu Concurs of all the cool boats.

1000ish – Launch at Clear Lake Park ramp (off NASA rd 1, east of the Hilton) and gather up for a run in the bay. we’ll head out thru the Kemah Channel and into Galveston Bay.....If the weather is "iffy" we'll split the boats and those who want calmer water stay in clear lake, those who don't head out to open water

1230ish – Lunch, likely at Top Water Grill, or Boondoggles, or Outriggers, we got options people

1330ish – Back in the boats for some more water therapy - Run around a bit then head for Redfish Island and raft up to do some swimming. We can also go to Hanky Panky point or Nassau Bay if the wind gets up. the world is our oyster....we can do whatever we want.

1700ish – A pool stop at TMANN's in Nassau Bay. Phil and Nat have been nice enough to offer their home again this year for pool fun and a BBQ supper (BYOB)....come by whenever and party like rock stars

Later, we can head back where we started at Turtle Club or wherever our hearts desire to party like Rock Stars.

Sunday, June 13
Clear Lake and Galveston Bays are amazing places at sunrise. So try to save “room” for that experience.

We’ll figure out what else we want to do Sunday on Saturday….A run to Galveston, or wake Jumpin’ on the Houston Ship Channel, whatever you want.

Logistics and Other Stuff….

NASA Road 1 and NASA Parkway are generally used interchangeably, so be sure to check both.

Scot is working on some SWAG and t-shirts, also we will have to make reservations for a spot on Friday & Saturday dinners, so please let us know if you’re coming to enable a better experience for all.

Hotels: For hotels in the area look near 3000 Block of NASA Parkway, Seabrook, TX 77586
Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inns & Suites, La Quinta, Hampton Inn, Hilton Nassau Bay, Microtel Inns & Suites, Holiday Inn NASA…as well a numerous B&B’s in Kemah and the Kemah Boardwalk area (be sure to inquire about trailer room if you plan to go that way)

Airport: Houston’s Hobby Airport is the nearest one if you want to fly in, they are full service facility with rent cars and shuttles (I know the Hilton has a shuttle). Southwest pretty much owns Hobby so that is the best bet for flight options.

Team Jefe
06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Friday dinner location has been set. Sam's Boat Clear Lake, on NASA 1 just east of Repsdorph, in the Endeavor Marine Complex.

Pass the Word!!!!

and thanks for the Sticky guys:thumbs

MadPoodle
06-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Package for you should be there by then, have a ball!

Glashole
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
should be at the houston hobby airport about 1030 am with a car so if anyone needs a ride or anything picked up let me know

Shea

JraySray
06-07-2011, 07:25 PM
That's where my drive is laying.... someone work the Donzi hodoo vodoo and wish me luck getting it on and running.

Look forward to meeting you Shea.