PDA

View Full Version : lgpba poker run colombus day weekend

mattyboy
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
the lake george donzi classic club has invited the lake george powerboat association to our fall picnic and they in turn have extended an invite to us to their poker run on columbus day weekend which should be a blast anyone interested let me know looks like Pearson myself and my pal Kenny are gonna head up there anyone else???
let me know they have a great weekend planned out, I think the price is $175.00 for a boat and covers a couple for meals but I will confirm that, and it is a chance to see some awesome hardware run

mattyboy
08-30-2007, 07:13 AM
here is the info as posted on OSO

looks like there are a few donzis going rumor has it that dr dan and undertaker and bob haver might be in along with el presidente pearson looks like I am gonna run with kenny in the 20 cig anyone else interested??

from OSO
The Lake George Powerboat Association will be hosting the 7th annual Columbus Day Poker Run on Lake George NY on October 5th-7th.

Details are as follows:

Friday Oct 5th: Registration trailer open 1:00 - 7:00 PM Docks open to registrants @ 1:00pm

Pre registration party from 700pm-100pm at King Neptune Lounge. We will have a live band for this party.

Saturday October 6th: Registration open from 8:00am until 11:00 AM. All boats must be at the docks and registered by 11:00 !! A mandatory drivers meeting will be held in the King Neptune at 12:30 Departure from the docks will be at 1:30
pm. We will travel approxamitly 75 miles total. We will have a lunch stop @ the Algonquin Restaurant in Bolton Landing.
Saturday evening we will have our Dinner and Awards party.This party will start @700 pm and will be held @ the King Neptune Lounge in LG Village. We will have a live band and a DJ for this party. Trophies will be awarded to the best looking V, Best looking cat, most enthusiastic crew, and the most coveted award... the biggest bar tab award !! (Tantrum and Stecs are the defending champs)

As we have done in the past years, we have had an auction to benefit a local charity. This year I have personally picked a a scholarship fund that is very important to me. It is the Ted Abriel Children Scholorship fund. Teddy Abriel was a 20 year Veteran Firefighter for the Albany Fire Department assigned to the Rescue Squad. Ted was killed in the line of duty while fighting a high rise fire in Febuary. Ted was 44 years old and left behind 4 children. Teddy was always going the extra mile to help out anyone in need. Ted and his crew responded and worked at the WTC tragedy for many days. Teddy was a hell of a firefighter,a great father and husband and a true friend to many of us.

Cost of the event is $225.00 ..($185.00 for LGPBA members)

The price includes

Docking for your boat for the entire weekend
LG usage permit for the weekend
Party on Friday night (lite horderves and drink specials)
Poker hand for the run
Lunch during the run for two
Dinner after the run for two
One Heck of a good time.
launching at Treasure Cove
Truck and trailer parking @ Ft William Henry

I will have the permits in hand and we will not be harassed by the local agencies this year

mattyboy
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
rooms booked, boat ready( sorry I need a big maya culpa here I will be in a cigarette) entry form mailed ready to go

there was some talk of needing lifeline jackets, but I think they meant kill switch teathers I will research and let you know

mattyboy
01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
great event nice write up on it in Jan hotboat

penbroke
01-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Nice! :thumbs

There were a few there from this area.

Frank
I just wish I could read it...

mattyboy
01-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Sorry Frank that is the auto resizer and any way what do you think this is a library ;) buy a copy and I'll autograph it for you at the dustoff :) it could be a valuable collectible someday I'll see if i can get a larger copy

penbroke
01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Just kidding Matty. I'll try to find one. I still have my Boating Aniversary issue for your autograph as well...

Frank :cool:

mattyboy
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Frank
the big yellow fountain i think was from champlain there were a few champlain boats up there
i'll sign anything

;)

give me an email and i'll send the pics then maybe that will help

penbroke
01-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Don't know about the yellow Fountain but the Top Gun in your third scan is from up here. Goes by Waterheater on OSO. I know there was a group that went down from here.

Frank
penbroke at yahoo dot com