PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Supercharged SeaDoo

silverghost
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
:CA6: Wanted:
Low-Hour used Superchaged SeaDoo PWC .

Last Summer I replaced the long known Supercharged SeaDoo problematic stock ceramic supercharger clutch washer stack pack . and one slightly damaged piston, in my neighbor's machine with a new aftermaket titanium clutch washer stacked pack & later style supercharger shaft with new bearings.
I also added a new supercharger pop-off pressure valve just to try to prevent this de-acceleration back pressure clutch issue.
The engine had injested a small fragment of a supercharger ceramic clutch washer.
Luckily the damage was not really that severe.

Wnen I finished the repair job~
One test ride on this great newly repaired supercharged machine~~~ and I was hooked.
Out of the hole acceleration on these Supercharged monsters was indeed impressive.

As Will Smith said~
"I have got to get me one of these !"

Any leads on finding a good one greatly appreciated !

DonziFreak
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
ever find anything?

silverghost
03-22-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm afraid I have not found a good one yet.

Most of the units that I found on ebay ,or craigslist, have totally trashed engines.

The usual catastrophic supercharger ceramic clutch washer stack-pack failure mode usually happens at, or around, 50-150 operating hours.
It happens to ALL of these units sooner, or later.
The resulting internal engine damage can be a very costly repair in many cases taking out cylnder heads, pistons, bearings, and scoring cylinder walls.

I thought I'd post the wanted advert here in an effort to buy a unit with a known history from someone I can trust~~~instead of some unknown ebay, or craigslist stranger.

The local South Jersey SeaDoo dealer has about a half dozen totally trashed supercharged units that he will not sell to anyone because he wants no come-back complaints.
Seadoo will no longer stand behind these now out of warranty units.

If you can find one that has yet to have a catastrophic clutch washer pack failure ~~
The needed repairs are far simpler & cost effective.
I am willing to take a chance on a unit that has not been re-built If the old clutch washer pack is still in tact.
Or a unit that SeaDoo has already replaced the clutch washer stack-pack under warranty.
I can easily convert the ceramic clutch pack to the newer shaft & bearing style with a titanium washer pack.
Adding an aftermarket supercharger de-acceleration pressure pop-off valve will prevent any future clutch washer stack-pack failure issues.

Glashole
03-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Brad

get in touch with this guy wes@bay-marine.com

he is a good friend of mine

I don't know for sure if he will have anything but can definitely work to find one or keep his eyes out for one coming in

tell him you are a donzi buddy of Shea

good luck

Shea

Lively-one
03-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Brad, What about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Sea-Doo-GTX-limited-Supercharged-255-Suspension-TRAILER-/251021527134?pt=Personal_Watercraft&hash=item3a720c885e

Lively-one
03-25-2012, 10:45 PM
This is different but, nervertheless, a Sea Doo and supercharged...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEADOO-JET-BOAT-SUPERCHARGED-4-STROKE-215-HP-VERY-FAST-AND-GREAT-DEAL-LOW-HRS-/251025501534?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item3a72492d5e