PDA

View Full Version : A Personal AOTH Follow-up...

roadtripse
06-08-2012, 01:38 PM
On behalf of Jill and myself, I wanted to put a quick note out letting all of those who have attended and supported the Awakening Of The Horses and the Midwest Donzi Club over the years know that we are relinquishing our positions with the club and as part of the team of organizers of this great rally.

Byron and Jerry, as our primary partners in the MWDC, and all of the others that have filled in and assisted with this great weekend deserve a big thank you from us, as we worked as a pretty well oiled team over the years. I am very proud of what we have done with this run, making it open and welcome to rookies in their first year, to the veterans that come every year, and to the Cigarette crew who have expanded their presence at what started as a Donzi only event.

Jill and I plan to continue to participate and help out where we can at AOTH and other, more casual, rallies like the Chattanooga Gorge Run, next week, as we truly enjoy the friendships we have developed with people who share a common interest in small performance boating.

See you on the water!

T&J

jl1962
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Todd- Even though I've never (yet) made it to AOTH, I want to say THANKS to you and Jill. I know how hard these things are to pull off year after year and I appreciate the effort. I've enjoyed reading about the event and viewing all the photos. Have a great season.

-Jay

firstoffshore
06-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Todd,

As AOTH rookies, I must say that Michelle and I were very impressed. Jerry and Bryon reached out before the event and invited us to caravan down from Cincinnati with their families and you and Jill made us feel incredibly comfortable when we arrived. We value and appreciate the new relationships that are developing. It was so nice to be with like-minded performance boaters. When you consider how few of us there really are in the small-profile category, it was terrific to be together.

I know that we are just getting started with the group, but I would like to personally thank you and Jill for more than a decade of service to the club and for leading the way to something that has become exceptional.

Ghost
06-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Agreed, many thanks to you and to Jill for a dozen years of creating and refining a great event for all the rest of us to enjoy. I know your efforts will be greatly missed in the years to come, but hope you will be able to just sit back and enjoy the event you did so much to build.

MadPoodle
06-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Err, wait.. You are still Tom's assistant. You ain't getting out of that ;) :)

Thanks for all you and Jill have done. I know all to well how hard cats are to herd, you guys made it look easy...

Lenny
06-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Thank you you two for all the laughs and funtimes generated at this event. Lots of great memories. And surely lots more. You folks can now just try boating and eating and drinking at the next one ( which is all I have ever done :grin: )

Take care, Lenny and Deneen

Inferno
06-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Take a year off and then we'll pull you out of retirement......

cam
06-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Todd and Jill,
I just wanted to thank the both of you for the fantastic run you and the Midwest Donzi club put on this year. I truly had a blast! Hate to see that you are retiring, but cannot wait to see you and Jill at the gorge run this year.

Cam