PDA

View Full Version : AOTH XIII- May 16-18 2013 - Jamestown, Kentucky

ITLLFLI
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
We are in the final planning stages of AOTH XIII and have a few exciting changes this year!

See post 16 for further details! I haven't been this excited about our event feature/design in a while!!

On the evening of Thursday May 16, as the last of the folks arrive, we will have a Show N Shine in the lower hotel parking lot. The cool part of this is we have joined efforts with the local car clubs to bring some of their hardware as well! Dinner will be served at the Show N Shine. So get your boats cleaned and blinged! Don't let Fishinsucks show us all up! No doubt the LipShip crew/family will be in force!

For dinner on Saturday we are bringing the Texas BBQ back! Be ready to eat and buy some Donzi/Aronow goods at the auction hosted by our very own Donzi comedian FishinSucks.

We will be updating www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) shortly with all the 2013 details. This will include the PDF of the agenda and Registration/release form that will need to be mailed by May 1, 2013.

For planning purposes I will recap the agenda in brief with the major events each day.

Thursday-no planned activities until the Show N Shine in the evening.
Friday-Lunch Run to Lees Ford for lunch.
Saturday-Fun Run/Raffle Run, Texas BBQ Dinner, Auction.

Stay tuned!!!

Byron

Lenny
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm as excited as a school girl ...:thumbs

fogducker
01-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm as excited as a school girl ...:thumbs

How are you getting down there Lenny? Call me and give me the details, I might be available for a "road trip"........:thumbs

Ed Donnelly
01-22-2013, 10:40 PM
May have to drive down just to meet the Westerners..Looks like a lot of boatless Canuks...Ed

osur866
01-29-2013, 02:07 AM
What a great even for those who haven't made the trip, it's an event that I haven't missed since my 1st time, gets better every year, the hardware and people are second to none. Look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

tylogans 22
02-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Reservations made today!!

Gregg, Logan and Tyler Wright

22 Yellow Devil

osur866
02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Look forward to seeing you there!

tylogans 22
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Back at ya Steve!!

Looking forward to it can't wait to run with you and your group again!!

Gregg

22 Yellow Devil

MadPoodle
02-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Room booked...

Be there Thursday night folks. DMRS & MWDC got something up our sleeves!

Brezzer
03-06-2013, 08:27 PM
After a phone call and some arm twisting from Poodle, looks like I may make the trip to AOTH. I need information on accommodations.

tylogans 22
03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Google: Jamestown Marina for information.

Then call them at 800-830-5131 to make room reservations and boat slip reservation.

Also tell them with your with the Midwest Donzi group.

Good luck,
Gregg

22 Yellow Devil

Ghost
03-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Room & slip booked.

MadPoodle
03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
After a phone call and some arm twisting from Poodle, looks like I may make the trip to AOTH. I need information on accommodations.

Awesome.. Another NOT RED boat for the run!

BUIZILLA
03-08-2013, 11:21 AM
room and slip booked, boxing gloves packed........... :thumbs

DonziGirl
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Can't wait to see everyone! Please let Byron, myself or my dad (Jerry) know if you have any questions. Spring is fast approaching and I'm glad everyone is making their reservations.

ITLLFLI
03-14-2013, 07:56 AM
The Mid west Donzi Club is proud to announce the Theme for AOTH XIII........

For 2013 we will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Founding of Thunderboat Row on 188th Street in Miami!

We are also excited to announce the the Show n Shine Thursday night will be sponsored and hosted by the Donzi Marine Restoration Society. Obviously we will have all our boats there, but we have also teamed up with the local car clubs to have some wheels at the show as well!!

Below is a sneak peak at the Shirt we will be providing as part AOTH participation!

I have also attached the PRE-REGISTRATION packet that will need to be RETURNED BY MAY 1 so we can get a count for food and shirts!

The Agenda is attached as well.

We look forward to seeing everyone again!

Byron

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ScottB2/Aoth_Shirt_ringer.jpg

Brezzer
03-18-2013, 08:11 PM
I just booked two rooms and 1 boat slip. Denise can't make it, I'm bringing my friend Dan Nye. Dan used to have a 22 Classic. He now has a 28 Pantera. He snores so I can't share a room with him....he's not my type either...

I'll get my registration check and paper work together soon.... YIPPY-KAI-YAY

osur866
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Great lookin shirt!!
We will be arriving late on weds looking forward to catching up with everyone. Too bad we won't be seeing the Flowerpot this year, maybe not enough fertilizer over the winter lol!

Inferno
03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Don't worry be Happy... The Flowerpot "will be" at the Awakening and will have had plunty of fertilizer !!! Do you think for one minute the Head Sandbagger will not be there in his Donzi :nuts:

Phil S
03-22-2013, 01:25 AM
...enough of them have landed in my boat to rename her "Sahara".........now where's that dang "Oasis"....

tylogans 22
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Byron, registration and check put in mail today.

Can't wait to see everyone again now if I can only remember where I parked Yellow Devil 7 months ago? Hmmmm well if I can't find it I can always bring my 1979 Glastron CV-18 and ride around with Todd and his formula!!

Take care,
gregg and my boys. Logan and Tyler

22 Yellow devil

18 CVX 18

osur866
04-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Gregg I know the feeling the lil 18 came out of her winter coma today, didn't fire her but have started the process, very much looking forward to seeing you and everyone else! Lets get this thing on!!

Ghost
04-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Looking forward to it. Registration and check in the mail today.

(For anyone yet to send his in, I didn't see the zip code on the form. I used 45242, which I think is right.)

f_inscreenname
04-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Looking forward to it. Registration and check in the mail today.

(For anyone yet to send his in, I didn't see the zip code on the form. I used 45242, which I think is right.)

45242 is the zip for CINCINNATI OH

ITLLFLI
04-25-2013, 10:09 AM
3 weeks from today the party starts!!!

Don't forget to get registration in the mail by may 1 so we can get a good count for shirts and food!!

Brezzer
04-27-2013, 07:37 AM
I have cancel my plans to attend. I had to dismiss one of my Service Advisors and will be doing double duty until I get a replacement up to speed. I was really looking forward to being there and for a break from work. I hope everyone has a great time.

undertaker
05-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Well its looks like I will be attending this year :shift: Registration went in the mail today (last minute)http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif...Should arrive late Wednesday evening. :dj:

Undertakerhttp://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

PS I think there might also be a teal 22 classic with a VERY weak motor and outdated outdrive following me http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif see everyone in a few weeks....:thumbs

ITLLFLI
05-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Well its looks like I will be attending this year :shift: Registration went in the mail today (last minute)http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif...Should arrive late Wednesday evening. :dj:

PS I think there might also be a teal 22 classic with a VERY weak motor and outdated outdrive following me http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif see everyone in a few weeks....:thumbs

Very good!! Always great to have Undertaker around!! That OMC boat coming? We have the towboat ready. ;)

Fixx
05-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I might crash the party for a day..

ITLLFLI
05-03-2013, 09:27 AM
I might crash the party for a day..

Come on down to KY Fixx! You will have a good time!! It would be good to finally meet you!

BUIZILLA
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
can we get a lake condition report?

roadtripse
05-07-2013, 11:33 AM
can we get a lake condition report?

We were there over the weekend. It rained the entire time, so we didn't get out on the water. But I did talk to some folks who had been out, last week. Typical spring time conditions, so you have to be careful, but no big jams reported. The lake is at 710' and rising, which is 30 feet over where it was last year at this time. Target pool is 700-705 for this year, but with all of the rain, I doubt they are going to get it dropped by AOTH.

Summary? Mixed bag, as it always is this time of year.

roadtripse
05-07-2013, 11:37 AM

Hey UT, did the grumpy old curmudgeon commit?

BUIZILLA
05-07-2013, 12:27 PM
We were there over the weekend. It rained the entire time, so we didn't get out on the water. But I did talk to some folks who had been out, last week. Typical spring time conditions, so you have to be careful, but no big jams reported. The lake is at 710' and rising, which is 30 feet over where it was last year at this time. Target pool is 700-705 for this year, but with all of the rain, I doubt they are going to get it dropped by AOTH.

Summary? Mixed bag, as it always is this time of year. cool, the less steps the better, no way in hell can I make 75 steps each way...

thanx ! :shift:

Ghost
05-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Getting close now...may be time for the first reminder that the marina is in a dry county. If you want to drink it, you'll have to bring it in with you. Re-supply is an annoying drive away.

Also, the marina is right on the time-zone border. Which means bouncing among cell towers, come set to Eastern and others set to Central. If you want to avoid having your phone sneakily shifting back and forth an hour (and all the confusion that can bring), you may want to set your phone to fixed Central time rather than auto-update while there. (The event schedule is given in Central time.)

Inferno
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I heard no one needs to bring beer as the cooler in your boat will hold 40 cases !!!:nuts:

Ghost
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I heard no one needs to bring beer as the cooler in your boat will hold 40 cases !!!:nuts:

Thanks for reminding me to bring a handtruck... :)

undertaker
05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Hey UT, did the grumpy old curmudgeon commit?

YEP he will be there...:thumbs

FISHIN SUCKS
05-08-2013, 02:36 PM
cool, the less steps the better, no way in hell can I make 75 steps each way...

thanx ! :shift:
I'll dangle a beer in front of you....you can make it. worst case, you can water taxi it like Mick does, haha!

tom

roadtripse
05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for reminding me to bring a handtruck... :)

But wait until you see this cooler.... billet, expert welding, fitted perfectly to the hull, insulated, and plumbed with its own draining system and check valve. Some people put their money into foolish things, like me with 5-blade props, but the Ghost has got his priorities straight. That is going to be the coolest, cooler you have ever seen. It's too bad there isn't a People's Choice Award for Really Cool Coolers at AOTH, because Mike would absolutely own the category. Seriously. And way.

I'm just glad he is coming to Michigan and taking the Cig to AOTH, so Brian can finish the custom GT hatch refabrication project for the Flowerpot some time soon.

Ghost
05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
LOL, it's all tradoffs. When it started, I wanted a walk-in cooler...

boldts
05-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Jamestown Resort says page not found when you click on the webcam link. Just wondering if there is an update that maybe hasn't been installed on their website? Nothing like seeing everyone coming and going during the gathering. Hope to make it down Thurs., but can't stay the whole gathering. Thank-you everyone!

Ghost
05-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Jamestown Resort says page not found when you click on the webcam link. Just wondering if there is an update that maybe hasn't been installed on their website? Nothing like seeing everyone coming and going during the gathering. Hope to make it down Thurs., but can't stay the whole gathering. Thank-you everyone!

I got the same thing from the webcam link on the Jamestown Resort website. But their webcam is up and running here: http://www.lakecumberland.com/lake-web-cams/ (I had given up looking but Roadtrip knew where to find it.)

boldts
05-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Ghost and Roadtrip. Getting lazy in my older age I guess. Simple searches will lead you to anything you need now a days. Lets get this party started. Just 5 days away! :banghead:

Inferno
05-13-2013, 07:53 AM
I heard the run this weekend was a complete disaster as a couple of boats almost sunk,drives got torn off ,ect in Chatt. Hope that Poodle and Jim go out infront to inspect, so that the speed freaks can have a safe blast off with out hitting submerged logs. With all this rain and stuff floating down river, you will need to be careful as it would definately ruin your day and your wallet !!!

osur866
05-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Going for a shake down run today and will be arriving late weds evening, safe travels everyone

osur866
05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
44 steps

Fixx
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Come on down to KY Fixx! You will have a good time!! It would be good to finally meet you!
oh well i thought i could make it but my MS is acting up again,,maybe another time..

osur866
05-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Ahh, Mike your just scared, lol, seriously you need to make the trip good times good peeps, came once and been hooked and been comin back every year since, it's a great time!!

ITLLFLI
05-16-2013, 06:55 AM
oh well i thought i could make it but my MS is acting up again,,maybe another time..P

Sorry to hear that! You will miss a great time!!

We are almost ready to roll. Got the Blackhawk back on and all critical maintenance done. Didn't get to any cosmetic stuff done so I may not be shining at the DMRS ShowNshine....... but she is ready to rock!

Shirts look awesome and the 50th Anniversary visers turned out incredible!!

I see on the web came that Brad Lyon and boys are already in the water!!

See you all soon!!

Ghost
05-16-2013, 10:35 AM
There may be a bit of a rush at the car wash if the late-night Russell Springs dustapalooza operates 24 hours...

boldts
05-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Just got home once I finally found my car keys last night and waited for AAA to come and unlock my car where the keys were found in the ignition. I ask myself.......How could I have done that.....again at AOTH. :-) Thats an easy answer. At AOTH all sane thoughts go outta your head. Last nights show and shine with the boats and a local car club was fantastic. DJ Ron was spinning the hits from the 50s to the 80s. All the boats in attendance lined up showing off their newest shine after their baths. Old Boys with Toys brought some outstanding rides to join the gathering. Nothing like a muscle car lightin up the tires when it's owner leaves the gathering. I was in rain going down till I got inside Kentucky lines. Then just like what seems to happen every year since AOTH started, beautiful weather graced our presence. Thank-you Grizzly for looking down on us. Reports from those who splashed yesterday was a pretty clear lake, but yes anyone with a little common sense knows to check an area before doing a wide open blast to get their adrenaline and the horses let loose.

For me, I walked around all day just taking it all back in again. It had been far to many years since my last visit. I was so glad to visit with friends I had met from before and a couple from the boards here I hadn't yet met. Hedgehog's blue X-18 I couldn't stop looking at last night. The blue was identical to the blue of the 22 Classic I once owned. 20 foot Cigarettes from Mr. Lipship's talent reminded me of Chip Foose. His group had 4 of his designs there and they are truly amazing. Everything from the trailer sitting under them to the design on the hulls is a long hard process from start to finish. Gorgeous is a word we use to describe our ladies. It is the only word to describe a Lipship 20' Cigarette. Back in 2000 when Jerry & Byron who I had met on Donzi.net, invited me to join them on Lake Cumberland for a weekend to run our boats together, I said to them, Lets invite every Donzi owner in the country. Job one was a place to invite everyone too. Freida and her staff at Jamestown Resort have taken such great care of us for 13 years also. No matter what we've needed, the Jamestown staff makes it happen for the gathering. (Including getting me on my way back home last night.) We've been asked from time to time to move the gathering. Not saying that another venue on another lake couldn't do the same job for us, but Freida, Byron & Jerry have this machine so well oiled, there just isn't enough reason to move the gathering. That is exactly what the vision was back in 2000. A passion for the mystic of these boats and growing our family as we met each other. We have some younger members ready and waiting to carry on the passion for Donzi' that their parents have instilled in them. "Dad????? Can we take the Donzi out again? We'll be back I promise!" LOL after we meet as many girls to ride with us as we can. Jill & Byron's son Parker does a FANTASTIC job helping his mom & dad ready the Donzi & an even better job handing out awards to the show and shine winners. Chris Boo or Uncle Boo from Precision Propellers was in attendance. His company has supported the gathering since the first year. He is a wealth of knowledge and I loved talking to him about of all things, just life.

Things will always change in life. People get married, have children and somehow at AOTH it takes just moments to connect again. We're all one big happy family respecting each other's dreams. We may not always understand the direction someone is going, but you can bet if they are looking for guidance or maybe just another angle. Someone will be there to lend an ear and their thoughts.

Thank-you each and everyone of you for 13 years of Mystic. The horses will run free for ever more.

Sorry, I wrote a book again :-) Scott Boldt

P.S. Mr. Somerville.......The annual "Twas the Night Before AOTH" was missed. You must turn over your keys to your Classic to me until I feel your punishment has been paid......(LOL That'll never happen!!!! Sorry Jill, but you should thank me.....More time on the Formula for you both. :-)) Good to see you again my friend. Keep the sunny side always up in life.

tylogans 22
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Byron, Gerry, Jill, Brandon, Denise and Parker:
Thank you for a great event the car show was great edition to this year's event, my boy's and I had a great time as usual the friendships we have made the last three years is truely amazing. Running with a pack of performance boats doesn't get any better than the 3rd weekend in May on Lake Cumberland it's the highlight of our boating season.

Also I want to thank everyone for lending a hand Saturday morning with repairing "Yellow Devil" so that we could run with everyone, I apprecaited all the input and support.

Can't wait for next year to do it all again thank's again.

Gregg, Logan and Tyler

22 Yellow Devil

ITLLFLI
05-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks to all the folks that attended and supported 2013 AOTH!! It was a great couple days starting with the ShowNshine on Thursday and wrapping up with the auction Saturday night! The group we had this year made it one of the bast events to date!