PDA

View Full Version : 2016 AOTH May 19-22, 2016

tylogans 22
02-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Just a quick reminder that Awakening Of The Horses 2016 will be May 19-22 at Jamestown Marina!
Get the skunkworks done and get ready to blow the cobwebs out--- No Noise concerns!!!

More details to come!!

Contact Info for Jamestown Resort:

Phone: 270-343-5253
800-830-5131

This is an annual gathering of all classic boats produced by one of the Don Aronows companies. The name of the event, Awakening of the horses was created since the event was to be the first of its kind for any given year. Blow the cob webs out, wake the horses. etc!! The event is always held the weekend before Memorial Day weekend and hosted at Jamestown Marina on beautiful Lake Cumberland.

ITLLFLI
02-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks Gregg!! I will try to get the documents updated. Agenda will remain the same just different dates(see above) for 2016. I look forward to seeing my extended DONZI family as well as the new faces this year!!

Donziweasel
03-08-2016, 03:36 PM
I heard the marina will not be fixed or open due to the snowstorm. Any updates?

ITLLFLI
03-08-2016, 08:09 PM
DW-Quite the opposite! Are you coming???

The marina is open and looking forward to the 16th year of hosting AOTH!!! The storm only impacted a small percentage of the docks and did not impact any of the facilities we use at all! Business as usual for AOTH!!!

We have the revised agenda and will post shortly. The arrival day is Thursday with a boat/car show in the evening. Friday is lunch run and Saturday is the FunRun with a nice dinner and Auction to wrap up the evening.

I heard a rumor on the theme. Stay tuned!!

roadtripse
03-08-2016, 10:45 PM
And it was hit by the storm pretty hard. There are pics of it elsewhere here.
Overall, we got pretty lucky. A lot of others did not.

We were down at the marina last weekend checking out our lift, which is still in the slip, for now.
They have cleared most of the debris, but the reconstruction effort is going to be significant.

The marina sustained significant damage to several covered slip rows. It is not minor. A full row of houseboat slips and two full rows of cruiser slips suffered complete roof collapses. There are several other areas that have significant damage.

The marina is not closed down. The areas that would be utilized by the AOTH crowd are not impacted. The marina staff has committed to having everything reconstructed in time for the season, so they are going to have their hands full.

These are the facts having laid eyes on all of it this past weekend.

TxTaz
03-09-2016, 10:15 AM
I heard a rumor on the theme. Stay tuned!!

If it was the rubber duckies rumor going around, I didn't start it.

I'm going to try and make this trip. Oh RT, another chance to get even?
Taz

Donziweasel
03-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Byron, I am going to try, but just opened a new business and it is crazy. I wish it was a little later in the year. If I don't make it to AOTH, I will pop up somewhere, maybe Chattanooga.

ITLLFLI
03-13-2016, 06:52 PM
DW-Get it figured out and come on up to KY!! We will have some regulars with some new stuff and a handful of first timers!🚤

Ed Donnelly
03-13-2016, 09:38 PM
DW; it's not that far away and your new company will still be there after 4 days
It's been too many years trying to meet you..Ed

TxTaz
03-23-2016, 08:36 AM
Sorry guys. I have a conflict with this date and won't be able to make it.
Maybe next year.
Taz

boldts
03-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Just a question about what Greg mentioned in his announcement. Not trying to change anything or interfere, but AOTH has always been open to all the Donzi models. Not just the Classics. It also became a gathering for other Don Aronow started company boat owners. Cigarette owners have attended for many years along with a few Magnums in the past. There has been an Apache and a Checkmate in attendance in the past. Even a Bat Boat one year. While the gathering is a Donzi gathering, the club has always welcomed anyone wanting to enjoy the weekend with them. Classics will be the primary Donzi model in attendance, but all Donzi owners are welcome so that everyone knows.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this, but I also hope that this beginning thought has not changed after 16 years.

sunchaser1997
04-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Looking forward to coming up this year, have wanted to in past years but have not make it. Just reserved room at the Marina, looking online I see the registration form for last year's event. Where can I get the form for this year? I assume the event fees will be the same this year?

ITLLFLI
04-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Awesome! Look forward to meeting you! It's all the same information and cost. I will post new forms shortly. I wish we had 30 hour days!!!

MadPoodle
04-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Booked, looking forward to seeing everyone!!

The Hedgehog
04-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Byron, I am going to try, but just opened a new business and it is crazy. I wish it was a little later in the year. If I don't make it to AOTH, I will pop up somewhere, maybe Chattanooga.

Love to see you either place John!

sunchaser1997
04-27-2016, 09:23 PM
Love to see you either place John!

You going to make it to AOTH Hedge?

ITLLFLI
05-03-2016, 06:39 AM
The Event is looking great this year! We have a handful of new folks coming and a couple boats that have been in the works for a while!

I have had some technology challenges getting the registration loaded to the website and forums. If you need the agenda and registration form shoot me a quick email at Itllfli "at" fuse "dot" net. You can bring the registration with you. We just need to get final head count and shirt sizes by Thursday.

Thanks!

The Hedgehog
05-04-2016, 10:36 AM
You going to make it to AOTH Hedge?

Most certainly!

sunchaser1997
05-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Most certainly!

Murphy's Law just kicked in. Not going to make it this year either. :bye:

boldts
05-18-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm sure most of you who have attended in the past have the webcam view from the Jamestown Marina. Just in case you don't though, here is a link showing the views. Looks like late Wednesday evening there is a ZX at the docks.

http://web.duo-county.com/index.php/news/lake-cumberland-duo-webcam

Those of you who remember way back when and met my daughter Allison, she is graduating from high school this weekend. (Where does the time go?) She says she wants to go into nursing.
http://www.donzi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15838&stc=1

Wishing everyone who is attending the gathering great weather, fun with new and old friends, no breakdowns and most importantly, a fantastic, safe long weekend! Can't wait to see the pictures and videos.

Ghost
05-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Hope everyone has a great Awakening. Wish we could be there. (Boat's getting a few last tweaks and I'm in SF on business.)

ITLLFLI
05-23-2016, 07:16 AM
Thanks to all who participated and made AOTH 16 one of the best yet!! We missed some of you regulars this year but know you will be back!!

Thanks to Donzi.org for the sponsorship!!

Thanks to Jeff Lingenfelter and his Lakeview Marina for the support and bringing down the 2016 22 Classic! Please reach out to Jeff with any questions on the new Donzi line up. 317-773-6885

Thanks to Joey Peacos for support from the Donzi factory!!

We started out the event with our boat/car show with beautiful weather on Thursday! Some incredible cars and of course it gave all of us time to check out G Carters beatiful Testarossa!!!

Then Friday we got rained out so we took a trip up to Jameatown to get a private viewing of a local car collection. There were 62 of the most unbelievably restored cars you have ever seen. Pretty sure ech of us would have gladly taken any one of the 62! Madpoodle put his name on a few of them😎 Then we ventured over to Lee's Ford for lunch and wrapped up the evening with a nice dinner at Jamestown dock.

Saturday's weather was much better! We started the day with a radar run, then went straight into the Fun Run. We had stops at the dam, 76 falls, otter creek falls( no falls since the lake was up) and then finally lunch at fish tales. After our late lunch we ventured into a long run down a couple creeks and then back to Jameatown for a little AOTH happy hour! We wrapped up the evening with another nice dinner on Jamestown dock and a rendezvous to share the awards and give aways!!!

Despite the weather on Friday we had a fantastic time! Thanks to all who made efforts to make AOTH what it is!

DonziGirl
05-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Thanks to everyone for coming. I had a great time.

My favorite yellow 18' (Doug's) won the radar acceleration run. :D

Ghost
05-23-2016, 09:55 PM
Anyone take any pics beyond the new boats?

Seriously bummed I couldn't go. Missed the good company. Also would have liked to see a lot of things, especially the TR. And to bring the Cig, now that the major resto is done.

Next year...

ITLLFLI
05-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Check out Midwest Donzi Club on Facebook for pics...

Tuffnut
05-24-2016, 12:49 PM
Check out Midwest Donzi Club on Facebook for pics...
Don't have Facebook. Would love to see pics.