PDA

View Full Version : AOTH X is...

roadtripse
10-30-2009, 10:41 PM
May 21st and 22nd this year at Jamestown, Kentucky.

Look for registration details soon!

Lenny
11-02-2009, 09:15 AM
May 21st and 22nd this year at Jamestown, Kentucky.

Look for registration details soon!

aaaahhhh, "NEXT" year you mean ? It is usually on my Birthday, (18) but regardless, it is always a long weekend here at this time anyway. WOOHOO !

Chappy
11-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't know KY too well, does anyone know how far Cumberland is from Lexington? My brother just moved there, and I'm thinking about combining a family trip with a little noise on the water.

Lenny
11-02-2009, 09:45 AM
We have flown into Lexington Kentucky when we went there. Car rental and not much of a drive. An hour maybe, don't really remember. Simple drive. :)

Ghost
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't know KY too well, does anyone know how far Cumberland is from Lexington? My brother just moved there, and I'm thinking about combining a family trip with a little noise on the water.

About 2.5 hrs, per google.

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS347&q=3677%20South%20Highway%2092%2C%20jamestown%2C%20 ky&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

roadtripse
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
If you stay on the beaten path, the drive is real easy from Lexington, Chappy.

Last time Lenny came to these parts, he kept calling me from places I had never heard of trying to find us on his way down.

Leave it to the Canadians to make it an adventure!

Chappy
11-02-2009, 02:13 PM
If I see a sign for "Aintry", I will turn around.

roadtripse
11-30-2009, 10:34 PM
AOTH X is official with the new, updated event logo.

Should be ready with a pre-registration form and more details, shortly.

Thanks Jeff. As usual, Jeff is working on the overall theme design for the t-shirts, too.
I am sure everything will turn out top knotch as always.

Hope we see you both this year back in Kentucky!

Glashole
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Is it still year of the blackhawk?

roadtripse
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Nice. I use it all the time.

Ghost
12-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Nice. I use it all the time.

LOL, "Great, so I'll put you down for 1000 units. What shipping address will be best for you?"

gero1
12-01-2009, 11:12 PM
my brutha from another mutha, black hawks are SO DANGEROUS!!!!!!:hills: i think this year should be the year of the ob 22 classic

roadtripse
01-02-2010, 10:47 AM
now officially exists as a legal entity. This may not seem like such a big deal, but it took us two+ years to find someone to help us get it done.

Making the club official, official has many benefits from a cost, liability, and organizational perspective. The biggest one being that the AOTH will now go on for as long as there is interest, because the set-up of the club allows folks to step-in or out as part of the organizing commitee, and not have to start completely over which we had to do over the past few years. Pretty cool.

Look for the pre-registration form to come out in the next few days.

Thirdchildhood
01-02-2010, 11:05 AM
If I see a sign for "Aintry", I will turn around.
You don't want to squeel like a pig??:agree:

Team Jefe
01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
AOTH "10" How could I miss that?:agree:

gero1
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
whats it gonna be? purple x18 with a jet drive, ob 16, twin ob fishing boats with hotties on it or maybe the 2750lsx cruiser

MadPoodle
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Year of the twin engine 16 OB... :saw: :asskiss:

gero1
01-04-2010, 07:00 PM
now thats what i am talking mp, how bout a single engine ob v drive cause i think i heard person(pierson,peirson,prisen) has one hidden in a barn on the east coast

OneSubDrvr
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Year of the twin engine 16 OB... :saw: :asskiss:

The Chicken won't be ready for X,.... maybe XI,... so if you would Scott,... hold of on the Year of the ?? 16's lol

Wayne

roadtripse
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Instead of a boat model, as has been the precedent for naming other AOTH themes, why don't we look at boat "happenings"?

Here are some ideas:

- We could have the "Year of the Empty Fuel Tank, Resulting in the Excruciatingly Long and Might I add DRY Tow of Shame". Gero should like this one.

- Or we could have the "Year of the Drive or Transmission Failure, Resulting in the Excruciatingly Long and Might I add DRY Tow of Shame".
I celebrated this one twice personally, a few years back, but not the tow part, just the crash landing into the docks supplemental part.

- Or the "Year of I Can't Slow Down Long Enough to Synch up with Somebody Who Knows Where We are Going Like Lunch, Resulting in a Call to Lee's Ford from Somerset Looking for Directions." Many celebrate this one EVERY year, as is tradition.

Good idea? No, not really. We'll stick with the boat theme, and I think everybody is going to like it.... and no it won't be the year of the Pink Powerstroke-powered Baby 14, we promise!

-

MadPoodle
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Isn't this the fifth year anniversary of the "Yes I can make it to Lee's Ford on $20.00 worth of fuel in my BB GT 21"?? We haven't done that model yet.. :shoot:

Trueser
01-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Best in tow award.....

The Hedgehog
01-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Instead of a boat model, as has been the precedent for naming other AOTH themes, why don't we look at boat "happenings"?

Here are some ideas:

- We could have the "Year of the Empty Fuel Tank, Resulting in the Excruciatingly Long and Might I add DRY Tow of Shame". Gero should like this one.

- Or we could have the "Year of the Drive or Transmission Failure, Resulting in the Excruciatingly Long and Might I add DRY Tow of Shame".
I celebrated this one twice personally, a few years back, but not the tow part, just the crash landing into the docks supplemental part.

- Or the "Year of I Can't Slow Down Long Enough to Synch up with Somebody Who Knows Where We are Going Like Lunch, Resulting in a Call to Lee's Ford from Somerset Looking for Directions." Many celebrate this one EVERY year, as is tradition.

Good idea? No, not really. We'll stick with the boat theme, and I think everybody is going to like it.... and no it won't be the year of the Pink Powerstroke-powered Baby 14, we promise!

-

Basically I think that there is a certain inner circle that can only be reached by those that have experienced the AOTH Tow Of Shame.:hny:

Perhaps there should be a special reception for those that have that honor. ALL involved will have to take part in a special toast of Gero's magic liquid.

Scott Pearson
01-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Im there....Bringing Pauls Bench Seat Hornet...If he will let me... :)

Cant wait to break it in on all the logs!

roadtripse
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
On a serious note, with the lake being lowered over the past couple of years for the dam repairs, which are scheduled to wrap up by 12.12, the lake has never been more clear in the spring time.

The year before last, we had SEVEN drive failures and it was not from hitting stuff. I played sweep boat, and even the 16s averaged speeds in the 50s, when I checked my GPS at Lee's Ford.

Then, there was LAST year. The lake came up 18 FEET in ten days due to huge rains. And of course, everything that was sitting up on the banks was in the water for our run. Nothing could be done.

Debris are always a potential issue at Lake Cumberland due to the flood control mission of the lake, but chances are pretty good that the purty Hornet won't see a scratch. We won't show Paul any pics of the Pumpkin running from last year, but that is a whole other conversation....

gero1
01-11-2010, 06:36 PM
just make it the black hawk so shea will stop crying

ToonaFish
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Y'all just don't know what to do with wood...

roadtripse
01-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Log or as we call it around these parts, "Driftwood"!

Celene, if you are going to display that thing, then the least you can do is show up with it this year! Been awhile, hasn't it?

Let's just say Gero, you should be happy with this year's theme.

A couple of more days for the announcement....

ToonaFish
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Too bloody long, indeed. I need a Donzi fix in a bad way, but logistics really stink these days for "me" time... however, if I can find a way, I'll be there!

Team Jefe
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Do those that do the towing get to toast as well:fiesta:

Next time I tow a classic....it will be on plane:speed:

MadPoodle
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
T, we can pick ya up on the way North :)

OneSubDrvr
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Y'all just don't know what to do with wood...

Uhhh, I've got 5 children,... I'm sure I know what to do with wood ;)

Wayne

BUIZILLA
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Y'all just don't know what to do with wood... well, you may be right, after all it's in your hands.. :work:

Sweet Cheekz
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Isn't this the fifth year anniversary of the "Yes I can make it to Lee's Ford on $20.00 worth of fuel in my BB GT 21"?? We haven't done that model yet.. :shoot:

Good idea, only I will have a whole lot more than 20 bucks in the tank unless gas really takes a dive! No towing me in unless I blow the drive off the back of the boat, hit a redwood or run over a Sutphen :)

Parnell

ITLLFLI
01-14-2010, 10:09 AM
No towing me in unless I blow the drive off the back of the boat, hit a redwood or run over a Sutphen :)

Parnell

;)

gero1
01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats seems to be the hold up?????:semi:

gero1
01-20-2010, 09:56 AM
how you gonna get your boat and a classic on a plane? what kinda plane...maybe a c-5

roadtripse
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats seems to be the hold up?????:semi:

-The revised club logo for the AOTH Diamond Anniversary Celebration has been revealed.

-The Theme Boat has been chosen. And our artist in residence, Mr. Tamburello, is kicking around graphics ideas as I write this, for yet another awesome, and collectible, theme t-shirt.

-And the MWDC committee is putting the final touches on the pre-registration documents.

With the number of people that show up for our rally, a great thing, the registration process is a bit of a mess. Collecting fees, checking insurance, signing everybody off on the liability releases, and handing out t-shirts and goodies, creates a log jam on the first day of the run. And we chase people all weekend, who don't come to see us when they arrive. Too much hassle.

So this year, we are going to attempt to pre-register everyone and simplify the whole mess. Gives us the ability to plan for the right numbers of people, buy the right number of t-shirts, and let the resort know how to staff. Last year, we got hammered by no-shows, and we pay for you, whether you show or not. So, we hope this makes it easier on everybody when you get to Jamestown, and gives us the ability to spend money on stuff that makes the rally better for everyone.

The links should be up to the MWDC web site with the pre-registration material and the theme boat announcement should be coming shortly.

All good... Wait for it... Wait for it...

roadtripse
01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
The rumor is that Lenny has pro-charged his LE18 and is going to whoop-up on all of slow 22's at AOTH X...

Care to provide any details Lenny?

Beuller, Beuller?

gero1
01-20-2010, 02:40 PM
if n u cant run wot from jimtown to lee's ford(or dodge,chevy) pro charging only works for lil runs.........i pray mine holds togather this year!!

Rootsy
01-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Keep it cool, keep it fat and keep the oil temperature in check and it should be GTG....

Team Jefe
01-21-2010, 07:44 AM
how you gonna get your boat and a classic on a plane? what kinda plane...maybe a c-5

Man I hope I never have to find out.

Love the pre-reg idea Trip, will keep people serious about getting there. I know my absence last year put a big strain on you, Jill and a few others...for that I am really sorry.

The trip is planned and on the calendar....only a few things would keep me away this year and I don't want to even contemplate what those are.

roadtripse
01-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Man I hope I never have to find out.

Love the pre-reg idea Trip, will keep people serious about getting there. I know my absence last year put a big strain on you, Jill and a few others...for that I am really sorry.

The trip is planned and on the calendar....only a few things would keep me away this year and I don't want to even contemplate what those are.

Just please grace us with your presence this year. The red bikini team does need it's leadership in place after all!

You want me to forget all about last year? Just bring fixins to make some of your world famous crawfish etoufee!

Team Jefe
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Ettouffee it is Amigo....and maybe a few other nibblins to supplement the Tripper "Cabin" Party. and of course I'm in to help with whatever is needed for the Big Feast on Saturday.

MadPoodle
01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Hmm, may need to readdress the great smoker escapade again :) :)

gero1
01-24-2010, 09:23 PM
still waiting!!!!!!! i know u know what we don't know so when will we know what you know so we all will know what you know then we all will know what you know now.....

gero1
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
my boat is always yours! hec i'll pick u up in nashville if you want....jus get here

Team Jefe
01-24-2010, 11:34 PM
my boat is always yours! hec i'll pick u up in nashville if you want....jus get here

thanks my brotha' I'm gonna be ready for Cousin It this year:confused:

gero1
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
this just takes the cake,where's my phone

roadtripse
01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Good chatting with you last night Gero.

As I have said, we will link the MWDC web site with registration details shortly. Still, plenty of time before the deadline on May 1st, but it can't come soon enough.

Anybody have questions, send me a note.

Thank you.

gero1
01-30-2010, 09:13 AM
you said shortley, what is da hold up shooter???

ITLLFLI
01-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Patience chicken man......patience!

gero1
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
i dont know why yall got to use them big words, youse know i aint got no word book....what is pat a ten shin any way????:smart:

Air22
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Im there....Bringing Pauls Bench Seat Hornet...If he will let me... :)

Cant wait to break it in on all the logs!

Scott..I have a Hornet that will do wonders for ya on Log Lake..:saw: :axe: :exactly: :mods: :thumbs :D :D :D

mattyboy
02-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Scott..I have a Hornet that will do wonders for ya on Log Lake..:saw: :axe: :exactly: :mods: :thumbs :D :D :D

LOL :) :p

mattyboy
02-02-2010, 01:28 PM
wondering if that might help me get the prop off

photoshop gotta luv it

let's see Dwight what goes with red and white

Toro, or Homelite???? or better yet Snapper ;) :p :stooge:

Scott Pearson
02-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Now thats funny....................

gero1
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
went to the mwd web site and see that some one has done some work on it, looks great!!! lots of great pictures. hard to believe this will be my 6th year:thumbs BUT NOT A WORD ABOUT THE BOAT OF CHOISE!

ITLLFLI
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
see official AOTH thread.....

Glashole
02-08-2010, 08:09 AM
if you made it the year of the 22 Classic/cigarette 20, and Sutphen then everyone would have been happy