Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chattanooga-Tennessee River Gorge Run, 7.31

Default Chattanooga-Tennessee River Gorge Run, 7.31

Isaac here, so for those of you who haven't been monitoring the noise under the general "Where is Tex theme", here it is and feel free to catch up...

http://www.donzi.org/forum/showthrea...-s-new-Cruiser

And the end result has been the genesis of a little river run up the Tennesee River Gorge towards Chattanooga and back.
    Jill and I ran this a couple of weeks ago as part of a poker run out of Hale's Bar in Jasper, Tn. as a warm-up to the AOTH run.
    Hedgehog and his lovely bride Christina hosted us and RedDog on their big Chris Roamer, which did not suck. Nope, not at all.

So we have interest in this little impromptu run from:

-Your's truly and better half Jill, 22 Classic
    -Bill and Christina, 18X
    -Randy and Barb, 22 Crit
    -Jim, 22 Crit
    -Scott and Heidi, 22 Crit
    -Cliff and Di, 22 Crit
    -Byron and Jill, 22 Classic
    -Jerry, 22 Classic
    -Lippy, 20 Cigarette

So there you are, so far.

Hales Bar is a nice little spot with RV sites, plenty of slips, easy ramp facilties, and a pretty sweet row of water front floating cabins viewing the goings-on out on the Tennessee River.

So who else wants to do this? Could be something pretty cool and Bill needs to grab some places for us to stay.

Softy...
    Last edited by BUIZILLA; 07-23-2010 at 03:12 PM.

www.halesbarmarina.com

hey, they have goony golf and an RV park...

we're in for sure now... :capt:
    Proud Co-Founder - DMRS
    Skilled Co-Founder - KWOSG
    Idiotic Flounder - SBBR / WAFNC

The greatest risk is not taking one.

I .may have an issue the Criterion may be down and out, will find out this weekend. A major overheat issue caused by a human.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stanless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives

Yeah, and the water slide is a real crowd pleaser.

They have one and two bedroom floating cabins available and one and three bedroom non-floating. If you are coming, I would recommend reserving something. It is usually no problem but sometimes they seem to book up on random weekends. I did not talk to my usual person so I will get some more intel tomorrow. I am heading down this evening.

We have a number of options for fun. I was thinking about having everyone to the Roamer on Fri night. I will check on the community room for Sat night. I will also looking dock space for lunch on Sat. I am probably taking the Roamer to Chatt on tomorrow night for dinner and drinks. I can check with Marine Max for the summer schedule since they manage the city docks.

Quote Originally Posted by big grizzly View Post
    I .may have an issue the Criterion may be down and out, will find out this weekend. A major overheat issue caused by a human.
    Always good to have two boats.

If we could get a decent commitment, I can get a block at a reduced rate. Let me know. Either way, it is not expensive.

Sounds like a fun trip! I am trying to get the Mrs. to confirm our calendar......

I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, a response from Tex,

Good news is he is alive and well. The big boat is in Demopolis and coming up

As said

I 'm there!!!!
    posting these days has been tough for sure, again not an exscuse but my reason....man I have been burning the candle on both ends.....

And yes the Pacemaker has a happy new home for 2 weeks in the Big City Of Demopolis, Al. I'm half way up the Tenn Tom and headed for Chattanooga.....lock up the woman and blind fold the children.....I'm back!!!!

Tex

Quote Originally Posted by Last Real Texan View Post
    As said

I 'm there!!!!
    posting these days has been tough for sure, again not an exscuse but my reason....man I have been burning the candle on both ends.....

And yes the Pacemaker has a happy new home for 2 weeks in the Big City Of Demopolis, Al. I'm half way up the Tenn Tom and headed for Chattanooga.....lock up the woman and blind fold the children.....I'm back!!!!

Tex
    Burning the candle at both ends. That is pretty good. Yep, pretty much an excuse. Falls on deaf ears from a guy that hits 12-15 hour days looking at some largest bank credits in the nation. Yeah, I run from NY to Cali too. As a matter of fact I am in Puerto Rico now and they don't fly me in to look at the kiddy stuff. Boats? yeah I have a few yet can still check in.

The guy that never left......

Now bring back the Real Last Real Texan. Summer is here dang it!

I would not bust you if you could not handle it. Now bring that beast up. Better yet, give me a couple of weeks and I will join you!

We are planning a wednesday the 23 rd of June Departure from Demopolis....You my friend are part of the crew.....

Tex

Quote Originally Posted by Last Real Texan View Post
    We are planning a wednesday the 23 rd of June Departure from Demopolis....You my friend are part of the crew.....

Tex
    Perfect. I can see the fireboats spraying water and the fireworks show as we leave Nickajack Lock. A welcome reception will follow at A dock.

Default Chatt

This sounds like a good trip. Where would all stay? Hales bar or downtown Chatt? Friday/ Sat nights?

Default Chatt

If you want to stay downtown vs Hales...call Marine Max for overnite mooring. 423-266-1316.