Thread: Z 25

Default Z 25

Looking for a Z-25 with a TRS driveline ...A project is what I am looking for..

Default Z-25 in MI

Not a project Z-25, but this one while no trailer with it and with the 454/Alpha drive train, has been a fresh water Donzi all it's life. Located in Michigan. I don't know what all would be involved in changing the Alpha to a TRS setup, but that in itself it seems would be a very big project? If not what you want, if someone is looking for what appears to be a well cared for Z-25, This one seems to fit the bill.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...zi-Z-25-612661

Default 1986 z25 454 trs

I have what you are looking for in Wisconsin. 1986 Z25 454 w/ Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission and TRS outdrive. Upgrades include rebuilt alternator, new starter, Thunderbolt ignition replaced with HEI, Two Optimas with switch and charger. Bottom never painted, but previous owner must have applied a product similar to Vertglas years ago that needs to be stripped off. Exterior and trailer were going to be my next project. Engine pic before new high energy ignition, plugs, and wires. Not perfect yet but well along on the way.

Only get to use the boat a few times per year because kids and their friends like to pontoon in comfort rather than squeeze into the Donzi. $10K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the reply... looks in nice shape , but to be honest I have seen many bottoms distorted by the pressure points from sitting on roller trailers.. never really understood why they even used roller trailers..

Default Donzi Spirit better than a Z25!

HelloOpen72
    I have an original 1976 Donzi Spirit that is in mint condition gelcoat and paint. I needs restoration on transom with coosa board or equiv. Its famous Monoque hull design by harry schoell to make them stronger and easier to mold cabin and racer/fisher boat. It needs repower and transom. The transoms on these are very easy as the only wood on the boat is the transom and engine stringers so no ripping out the floor!
    Let me know if interested heres some pics