Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In NEED of a Donzi

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe18 View Post
    You're sure getting a lot of help from your friends here Lenny. One said you would Deliver?
    Well don't worry, I wouldn't make you do that without a water trial up there somewhere first.
    How's the weather up there? Any ice on the water yet?
    I don't drink either, I can't believe I'm acting like this and boat shopping in the Winter, Sober :-/
    Keep up the good work.

Despite what you " might " know about this place, we are actualy called the " banana belt " and you will be hard pressed to find snow, let alone frozen anything.

I cant believe I am saying this for the five thousandth time, but when you cross the border the weather doesn't change much... especially in 300 miles from you.

I certainly don't need ( but thanks anyway ) help in selling this boat. I actually don't want to. But I have little room, ( heated ) for anymore boats. and I have another a coming shortly.

Wannabe, this is not the boat for you... spend some more time researching the boats, the history, the marque. Putting a 460 BB Ford and a Berkley conversion in it doesn't make me feel all that happy.

Thanks for the interest tho

PEACE

Might want to check Captain Kirbys boat brokerage Lake Tahoe. He's listing a 1999 18C with 75 hours. A little over your budget, but it's not too far from ya. You'll save on transport costs. It's been listed for awhile, so maybe price is negotiable??? Good Luck.

www.captainkirby.com/

Default Great Misunderstanding

Yo Lenny; Don't know how you got the idea I would swap engine/drive with a boat like yours. That would be crazy!
    You said you were looking for a Big Block, I just said I had a 460 hooked to a Berkley pump.
    IF I had a Donzi hull without engine or outdrive really CHEAP I would consider scrapping my Phantom hull and transplanting the drive. That would be the cheapest route to get me in a Donzi hull...........so I sent you another personal note.

Default Tahoe link

Thanks for the link Lenny but thats way over my budget. I feel real squeemish about trying to talk down prices. I either like the boat for the price they want or I pass.
    I see this thread has about run its course. If an administrator wants to move it or delete it that would be fine with me.
    Thanks ALL

Default Drop/Move this thread

I no longer need it. Thanks for all the replys.
    doug

Did you buy a boat? Inquiring minds....
    The other Scott

Life is short. Play with your dog

Co-Founder Donzi Marine Restoration Society
    Founding member SBM
    Scarred member KWOSG
    Dumbfounded Member SBBR / WAFNC

Criterion SS+
    X-18
    16-OB
    F-14
    Z-235
    2200 TE

Default The X-18

Well I thought I was going to buy Lenny's but I haven't heard from him. He said he would be back Monday but didn't say what Monday.
    Looks like the best thing I'm going to get on this side of the continent.

----Worth the wait!!! You wont be disappointed.......Bill S

Default have z 33 1992 fresh running gear and interior

great

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    I am new to any kind of Forum so hope you can forgive me if I screw something up. Where is spell-check when I need it?
    I saw my first Donzi around 1976 or 77 tied to a dock and fell immediatly in Lust with it. It was bright yellow. I waited till the owner returned and eventually got a ride in it. I can't remember what drive it had but I remember with the deep-V the outdrive was completly under water...if it "had" an outdrive. The ride was pretty good in the rough water but it seemed to want to shift from one side to the other. The owner told me that with such a deep-V it had a tendency to want to ride on one side or the other. I wasn't bothered by that but always kept my eye out for one. Unfortunatly I live in Oregon where we don't see any.
    Time went on till the 90's when I saw one partially visable under a piece of blue plastic. It was faded red and the trailer tires were sinking into the ground so I inquired. It had no upolstery and the motor had a spun bearing and maybe a few other problems but the guy insisted it was worth $4500 if it only floated. I thought about it for a little too long and when I went back it was gone and I searched all over Portland for it. The internet had been invented by then and I found one clear back in Conneticut but while making plans to drive all the way across the country some body bought it out from under me. It had a 383 tri-power v-drive.
    I'm not up to driving all the way across the Country any more but I may go 1/3 of the way for the right price/boat.
    I'm down to 2 boats now and more to leave probably next season and I'm searching for a Donzi again. I'm 90% sure I want an 18 but I see a 22 pop up now and then for the price I'm hoping to pay for an 18 and there is the "ride" issue. I can't take the pounding of my 18 ft small-v jet boat any longer. It has a 460 with a Berkley giving it plenty of speed but I don't want to have to slow down for standard boat wake any more. I want to laugh at boat waves and if I do get a little air-born, I want a soft landing.
    I would prefer a v-drive as long as it doesnt whine but a good out-drive will be fine too. I want to be able to hit speeds in the upper 50's to mid 60's. My Sister's Rinker will do 52 and I need to blow by Her at least.
    I need to keep the price below $15k. ANY help/suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thank you ALL very much.