Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: St. Michaels ACBS Antique & Classic Boat Festival

there is a Co. I have used for over 40 years that can repair that lobe like new, they do some pretty impressive work.

if that's a COMP roller lifter, it doesn't surprise me
    Proud Co-Founder - DMRS
    Skilled Co-Founder - KWOSG
    Idiotic Flounder - SBBR / WAFNC

The greatest risk is not taking one.

Hell BUIZILLA that's really good to know. What's it cost to have a lobe fixed (just want to know)?
    Lucky enough I found another one (original Crane grind) recently and made a deal with the guy today. Pretty sure it will be the last one on the market for some time being it’s the first one I've seen in 2 years. I thought about having Bob M do it but the last time we discussed it on OSO they wanted to change it to something they thought would be better (I mean they really, really wanted to change it to the point I had to leave the thread I started). They just couldn't grasp that I wanted the motor like it was supposed to be when it came from Mr K. Not to mention I have a clone motor at the other end of the boat so it would mean two cam buys and changes.
    As for the lifter. F_in breaks my heart. I don't think I have ever lost a cam in 30 years and the majority of them were flat tappet. And I've seriously f_ed up some motors over the years. I hope I'm not jinxing myself but the 19's 496 is cast crank and Comp parts roller motor. Never had any of the "cast crank failures" or "cheap Comp roller parts flying apart". This motor is top of the line everything and its spent more time in the garage then in the boat. Worked fine in the Biesemeyer for a year but for some reason in this boat it wants to melt down and then suck up water every hour or so.
    Not sure where the lifters came from and they may even be original. Figure the failure resulted from the heads rebuild I did last fall. New springs, shimmed right ect, ect. I heat cycled the motor last fall and put it away for winter. Sat all winter and then was a short ride the day before the show. I knew something happened on the second day on a ride at the show but had to live up to obligations no matter what and kept running it (and it was worth it). Went to flush it at home after the show and think is when it hydro-locked and barley would start and run so out the motor went. Or at least that’s what I’m going with for now.

A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1972 John Allmand - Super Nova 19
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Super Nova 19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

The real question is would you replace all the lifters or just this one (two piece set really)?
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1972 John Allmand - Super Nova 19
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Super Nova 19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer